shape
carat
color
clarity

Shopping in New York

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I will be in New York (first trip!) in March, and while I plan to do some shopping, there are two things I want in particular. Can anyone advise me where are the best places to look for:

- a Dianne Von Furstenberg wrap dress, probably a size 8-10. Flagship store, outlet (Woodbury) or department store?
- a pair of Louboutins - a classic style, nothing out of the ordinary, I''m a 37.

Thanks in advance, and any other advice about shopping in NY would be appreciated.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
How exciting :D

Not sure where to find those things but I loved the week we stayed in NY it is like a shoppers dream :)

We went to Century 21, (you have to go their determined and with a purpose though) and bought a few things there and I did buy stuff at random boutiques and I got a bunch of casual stuff at Old Navy for the rest of my trip.

One thing I noticed about NY shopping which was different to Aussie shopping there was not as a mass prevalence of mass shopping centers, or if there were I didn''t see them :).

Hopefully some native NY''ers will be able to help you further :).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 6:27:04 PM
Author:MishB
I will be in New York (first trip!) in March, and while I plan to do some shopping, there are two things I want in particular. Can anyone advise me where are the best places to look for:

- a Dianne Von Furstenberg wrap dress, probably a size 8-10. Flagship store, outlet (Woodbury) or department store?
- a pair of Louboutins - a classic style, nothing out of the ordinary, I''m a 37.

Thanks in advance, and any other advice about shopping in NY would be appreciated.
Both of these can be found at Bergdorf Goodman''s.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I found walking 5th Ave, visiting most of the major stores fun, then walking/shopping Madison Ave. another day, even more enjoyable.

Saks turned me off, very crowded and the air conditioning ran me out of the shoe dept.
(also saw a huge, gigantic diamond on a very young, sloppy girl in there)

Bloomingdales was packed, the best help was in the designer sections.

I will never visit SoHo on a Saturday - unbelievable crowds. I lost count how
many times my heel was stepped on!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 6:27:04 PM
Author:MishB

Forgot I had this link. It might be dated, but you might find some interesting help here.

http://www.mustseenewyork.com/shopping.html

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd do all the big stores on 5th Ave. for sure! Saks and Bergdorf should definitely have both. Plus you can check out Cartier, Tiffany, etc. in between clothes and shoe shopping!

ETA I love shopping in Soho but it is terrible on weekends! Try to go during the week if you can. And definitely check out the Barney's Co-op in Soho if you go!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''d also do Barney''s - I LOVE that store
9.gif

tarepanda

Rough_Rock
^Me too! Barney''s is great. I would second the advice about Soho, but I do like the Bloomie''s there, even though it is smaller than the 59th & Lex one.

For what it''s worth, I love the shoe floor at Saks . . . I mean, it has its own zip code! It does get crowded but it''s worth just taking a look.
2.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea as I have never been....
7.gif

But I am super exited for you! Have a blast.
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Barneys if my favourite store for shoes. It''s amazing! Also try the Louboutin store itself on Madison Avenue-it has tons of fab shoes. Not sure about the dress-maybe try Saks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results