shape
carat
color
clarity

shopping for baby stuff in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
hello there. I live in Europe, and in February am visiting a friend of mine who lives in Phoenix.

by then I will be 16 weeks pregnant and very interested in buying baby stuff as a) the exchange rate is in my favor with the strong Euro and b) regardless of the exchange rate, most things are cheaper in the U.S.

I''d love it if any Phoenix moms/residents could recommend good shops to buy baby stuff. and by that I mean stuff that will fit in my suitcase. thus not a stroller.

for example, a friend of mine recommended getting a Woombie. so that''s something I will definitely want to pick up. if you can recommend any particular items you couldn''t live without and/or where I could get them you''d be really helping out this mother-to-be!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been in Phoenix for 6 years now, and have a 10 month old, so I''ve been to a bunch of the baby stores around here! Where you want to shop may depend on what part of town you''re in, Phoenix is actually a very large city. We have the usual Babies R Us stores, and last night I spotted a BuyBuyBaby (I haven''t been in yet, but have heard good things), and there''s a USA baby, they mostly have furniture, bedding, and higher-end strollers. I actually got a lot of things at Target and Wal-Mart, which usually have better prices than the baby speciality stores. All the ones I mentioned have websites, so you can check out what they sell and maybe get a list going.

February is a great time to visit here too, so I hope you enjoy your trip!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
can you do many boxed items at check in? or even a stroller all the way to the gate and check it in? I''m not sure how traveling by plane overseas is or what the max limit of checkins are though

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh sounds wonderful though! Def. Feb is a great time, We moved here almost six years ago too Mustangal- maybe we should all do lunch? then

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Lunch would be fun!

And I forgot a few more places... If you want to buy clothes at all (you won''t know the sex of the baby by then, but you could get some gender neutral things) The Anthem Outlets has a Gymboree, Children''s place, Osh Kosh, and Carters outlet stores.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 11:04:31 AM
Author: D&T
can you do many boxed items at check in? or even a stroller all the way to the gate and check it in? I''m not sure how traveling by plane overseas is or what the max limit of checkins are though

agreed. The cost of extra baggage might not save you any money in the long run. I think the 3rd is around $100. Plus do not go over the weight limit. They really get you there.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
thanks, ladies! my friend lives about 15 min from the airport, she says, so I don''t know where in Phoenix that is. MustangGal - I will check out the stores you mention.

the reason I don''t want to bring over large and boxed items is that they''re obvious to see when I am walking through customs, and they''ll make me pay the tax on them (especially since they''ll see it''s all brand new stuff)... which then means I could have just as well bought them in Holland at the same price.

lunch would be really cool if you ladies are all free during the week as I think my friend works during the day, which is why I rented a car to go out on my own.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That makes sense with the box issues. Maybe we can think of a few more ideas when you get here and discuss over lunch
2.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
how do we exchange e-mail addresses without making them public for everyone to see?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2009 6:26:15 AM
Author: noelwr
how do we exchange e-mail addresses without making them public for everyone to see?
Ni Noelwr-

unfortunately we cannot exchange info via here on PS... however we can post a GTG in the hangout and if others want to join at a public place we can meet up that way. I''m not sure of any other way
15.gif
. I''ve found other members on other boards and other selling sites so I''ve been able to connect with them that way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results