shape
carat
color
clarity

Shopping for a radiant or cushion cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I've been a long time lurker on this board and have been admiring all your beautiful diamonds!!!
30.gif

My BF and I are currently shopping for a square shape radiant or cushion cut diamond. It is sooo hard to find the 'perfect' one! Our budget is only $6500USD and it seems that the nice ones are in the $8000 range
15.gif

This is what we're looking for:

1.2ct - 1.35ct (I would like the diameter to be at least 6.2mm)
D - H
VS2 - SI2 (eye-clean)
ratio of 1.00 to 1.06
GIA cert

Is my budget too low?

TIA!!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/31/2005 11:11:02 PM
Author:radiantlover
Hi!

I''ve been a long time lurker on this board and have been admiring all your beautiful diamonds!!!
30.gif

My BF and I are currently shopping for a square shape radiant or cushion cut diamond. It is sooo hard to find the ''perfect'' one! Our budget is only $6500USD and it seems that the nice ones are in the $8000 range
15.gif

This is what we''re looking for:

1.2ct - 1.35ct (I would like the diameter to be at least 6.2mm)
D - H
VS2 - SI2 (eye-clean)
ratio of 1.00 to 1.06
GIA cert

Is my budget too low?

TIA!!!
I would stay above G - radiants magnify color, but hide inclusions

you can do a search from this page for prices from many vendors - and there are some with ideal-scope photo''s too I think in search by cut quality

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ( fellow) Radiantlover!

In my opinion H- even I or J can look very beautiful in a well cut Radiant cut diamond.
I will be happy to check specific pricing info tomorrow- but I think you can find a nice a 1.25 in your range ( off the top of my head)

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Square radiants seem to be in short supply right now. I did a pricescope search for you, and the only one I found that seems to be mostly within your requirements is this one:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00188580

I was looking for AGA 1A and 1B radiants and this one is a 1B (except for the crown height, which we don''t know). It is in your price range and size. The color is F, so it will be colorless. My radiant is an F, and it''s extremely bright white. You would have to ask Blue Nile if it''s eye clean. The only thing about this diamond is that it''s not quite square. The length to width ratio is 1.09 which will make it slightly rectangular. It may not even be noticeably rectangular at all. You''d have to take a look at it and see if it''s square enough. I have a radiant that has a length to width ratio of 1.07 and mine still looks square to me. To me, mine doesn''t look the least bit rectangular.

Hope this helped.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your responses!

I''m currently in contact with a few PS vendors and they are hard at work searching for the perfect radiant or cushion cut diamond for me. It just seems that the feedback I''ve received so far from some of the vendors have been a little discouraging (more in the 1.01 - 1.07ct range and very small dimensions). I guess I''ll have to wait and see what else they can find.

The radiant I fell in love with was diamond_girl''s 1.55ct H SI2 radiant...I love EVERYTHING about it!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
That would be my dream diamond! and it only cost her $6500 (which is my budget)!!! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-love-my-new-radiant-engagement-ring.29538/=

The cushion cut I love is moremoremore''s center cushion...it''s GORGEOUS!!! But wayyyyy out of price range!
30.gif
30.gif
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-three-stone-cushion-is-here.22964/=

Coda72 -thanks for searching for me...I don''t know if a ratio of 1.09 is not square enough???

Radiantlover

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how square a 1.09 length to width ratio would be, but it might be square enough. The only way of knowing is to look at it yourself and see. Blue Nile does have a 30 day return policy, so if you don''t like the diamond, you can return it.

I think dream diamond''s radiant is very nice, but I don''t know how you''ll ever find a diamond like hers, or even close. Square radiants seem to be much harder to find than rectangular radiants, and she also got her diamond for a very good price. I did find one other diamond for you that you might want to check out.

http://www.abazias.com/database/NewDiamondInfo.asp?stock=21253285&flag=ps

This same diamond is sold by many pricescope vendors; this just happens to be the cheapest price for it. It''s also not your ideal diamond, but it is a 1.5 carat H, SI2. It''s also under your budget. The problem is that it''s not exactly square. It''s ratio is 1.15. It probably won''t look that rectangular, and if you''re in a hurry to find something, it would definitely be worth a look. Most of the vendors here offer a return policy, so if you don''t like it, you just send it back.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Hi Coda72!

I agree that it will be hard to find a radiant like diamonds_girl''s at that price...but i''m still hoping!!!
1.gif

Thanks for the help but the ratio of 1.15 is a little too ''rectangle'' for me (did that make sense?). My BF and I are in no rush but if the right diamond comes along, we''ll be ready to buy it.

one of the vendors just contacted me and he found a radiant within my budget and specs, but the color is an I. We have a meeting with him next week to see the diamond. i don''t know if it''ll bother me since I really wanted the diamond to be white (I love the white brilliance in a diamond). I''ll post the specs when he faxes me the GIA cert.

thanks again,
radiantlover

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results