shape
carat
color
clarity

Shopping at Tiffany for band w/ non Tif E-ring..?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

randyt

Rough_Rock
I am purchasing a Vatche X-Prong setting, and I''d like to go to Tiffany and Co see what it looks like with the Lucida Wedding Band. Its pretty obvious that the Vatche is the same style as the Lucida (at a better price). Does anybody have any experience with this situation? How will the sales person react?

Thank you for your responses.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I am not speaking from expirience here but I would not even take that into consideration. If a Tiffany associate wants to stick up his/her nose at your ring for whatever reason (and this could happen with any ring that''s not a Tiffany) I would not even consider giving that person my business. Ask to speak with someone else.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Well...I ended out being given a diff. engagement ring after my experience at Tiffany''s.

My first engagement ring was a 1.4 ct Oval with two baguettes on the side. The color was GIA cert. J and I thought it was really pretty regardless. We took my new ring in to Tiffany''s to get a wedding band for it (or at least look at them). The first thing the sale''s person said was "I take it this wasn''t purchased at Tiffany''s"..."The color looks poor".

I ended out getting a diff. ring though...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well i didn''t have any problems. i have a 6 prong kinfe edge solitaire. we went to tiffany''s to look at the shared prong band. the sales lady was really great. she showed us several ones. and she picked out my ring size. (before when we had gone they had just shown us the ring in whatever size was in the display) also she showed my fiance several wedding bands. she never once mentioned anything about my ring or the lack of it being tiffanny''s.

randyt

Rough_Rock
Thanks. That is all encouraging to hear.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to Tiffany''s and bought my etoile wedding band - they were nothing but complimentary regarding my ering stone which was not purchased there. Frankly, I wouldn''t care what they thought - you have simply come to buy a wedding band. The ering purchase is really none of their business. If they are smart and professional, they wouldn''t make snide comments about your other jewelry.

I don''t think they will.

Good luck - let us know what you find!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I bought a plain Lucida band from them, just to have a second wedding ring. I also bought it in yellow gold, while my ering/wring set is platinum. They never questioned me or anything.

OldCutLover

Rough_Rock
My engagement ring is a pear shape diamond set in an 18k Vatche Royal Crown setting. I went to Tiffany and bought the Etoile to go with my ring. It was no problem whatsoever; a sale is a sale, after all.

The gold in both rings are slightly different in color, even though both are 18k. Still, they look very nice together.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I guess my sales lady was just in a bad mood =)

She was a rare experience (since I do purchase other stuff from Tiffany''s)...It was just strange for her to be so rude (or at least that is what I thought).

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I never understood why sales people at higher-end stores act so snooty... c''mon, if she can really afford the stuff there, would she be working there?
20.gif

effie

Rough_Rock
Old cut lover

Do you have a picture of your wedding set? I too have a pear and like the etoile band but wasnt certain how they would look together.

Do they sit flush?

Sorry to hijack the thread.

-Effie.

OldCutLover

Rough_Rock
I''ll need to take a photo (and a photo as well of my new vintage marquise) -- but just got a new digital camera, and need to figure things out first.

They do sit flush, though.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I don't think you should have any problems. I'm sure Tiffany sales people are used to seeing e-ring not purchased form them. Besides, it would be stupid on their part to be rude.

We went to Tiffany on 5th avenue to look at bands and they were all very nice to us. I then strolled by the e-ring section to look at some larger stones and the sales person admired my ring and he thought it was actually purchased from Cartier or Bulgari.
31.gif

I did notice though that sales people tend to be more snappy and stuck up when we are at some stores that are semi-expensive. My fiance is really turned off to that, even if it is not adressed at us. He just simply walks away form that sales person and comes up to the next sales person and asks, "excuse me, can YOU help me?" Try that if someone gets arogant with you.

For some reason however in really really expensive stores the sales people are very nice and courteous to you - I think it may be part of their policy.
21.gif

rosy

Shiny_Rock
The salespeople in Tiffany were very courteous, patient & nice with me when I went to look for my e-ring & wedding band. I think they are supposed to be low pressure & not pushy towards you. I think it''ll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results