shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoes for winter young guys

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
My 20 year old is going to live in Europe for 6 months in one of the coldest places. Am looking for some shoes that are hip but snow suitable. We live in a sub topical climate so he lives in rubber thongs or adidas so he needs to get something before he goes. Revolve etc are having sales so I would love some feedback on what your young guys where for these conditions!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you mean by "hip"? My husband loves his Keen shoes, and they are fashionable amongst the skiier crowd, etc. but not say in NYC...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about some Blundstone boots? My fiance has a pair and he loves them. Or how about some Red Wing boots? I love those so much!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
NF by hip I mean 50ish speek for cool lol. He is a real urban outfitters sort of guy but I will check out your rec''s too

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 11:34:56 PM
Author: katebar
NF by hip I mean 50ish speek for cool lol. He is a real urban outfitters sort of guy but I will check out your rec's too

Ahh ok Urban Outfitters guys won't like Keen probably.
1.gif
I was just trying to figure out what type of "hip" you meant if you know what I mean!

My DH LOVES Frye boots, but they aren't super warm, i.e., they aren't snow boots...but he does wear them all winter with wool socks pretty happily. And we live in Wisconsin.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Those boots are hot....and sammyj, I love your post. I thought Uggs were AWFUL (flashbacks of Britney in them with shorts and a tank top) until I found out how amazing they are. Nothing tops 'em.

I will say this though - since he's a trendster, maybe just get a pair of normal leather shoes (or cheaper boots) and get good boots when he gets there? The best part of living in Europe for me was the shoes...I went to Florence (granted, MUCH warmer) with just a pair of flip flops knowing that I was going to go nuts with the shoe shopping. Is he going to do some kind of work or is he studying abroad (ie, no time on your hands vs. tons and tons of free time)?

ETA: Love these, too - a little less chunky ugg:

http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDetails.aspx?gID=m&categoryID=223&productID=5633&model=Mason

And is it just me or are the prices on the mens' boots a million times more reasonable?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for Uggs.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
thanks elmorton!
9.gif

I looooove the boots you posted! Maybe I''ll buy them for my SO....I bought him ugg slippers two Christmases ago and he adores the coziness of them but constantly makes fun of me when I wear my boots out in public. Boys!

katebar...any luck on finding boots for your son yet??

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
LOL. My DH makes fun of mine, too. He calls me his little college co-ed.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 6:24:40 PM
Author: Elmorton
Those boots are hot....and sammyj, I love your post. I thought Uggs were AWFUL (flashbacks of Britney in them with shorts and a tank top) until I found out how amazing they are. Nothing tops ''em.

I will say this though - since he''s a trendster, maybe just get a pair of normal leather shoes (or cheaper boots) and get good boots when he gets there? The best part of living in Europe for me was the shoes...I went to Florence (granted, MUCH warmer) with just a pair of flip flops knowing that I was going to go nuts with the shoe shopping. Is he going to do some kind of work or is he studying abroad (ie, no time on your hands vs. tons and tons of free time)?

ETA: Love these, too - a little less chunky ugg:

http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDetails.aspx?gID=m&categoryID=223&productID=5633&model=Mason

And is it just me or are the prices on the mens'' boots a million times more reasonable?
Sammi and Elmorton thanks for heads up in the UGGs. I am in Australia and it is ironic that shoes are made by a company called Uggsaustralia but sadly they are a not an Australian company and ''stole'' the name UGG and now the original UGG shoes in Australian can''t use the name. (at least i think that''s the story).
Anyhoo my son is going all the way from 90 degrees summer Australia to very cold Copenhagen to do a study exchange for 6 months at the Copenhagen Business School. It is a great opportunity but more importantly heaps of fun as there are kids from all over the world who go there to *ahem* study and have FUN.
He lives in thongs here and adidas shoes for going out but i think he will end up buying over there. He did a season at Whistler and bought boots here to take over and they were hopeless and leaked and he ended up just wearing his Adidas!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results