shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoe dilemma! Need a Doctor!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I recently killed a pair of old shoes I have that were my favorites. They are 4" heels, and stiletto, so clearly I didn''t have much to stand on...(pardon the pun)

They have suede covered heels, and it seems in a crazy day of running around NYC and then getting my heel snagged on a thick carpet on a set of stairs, I snapped the little guy. Not off (because the suede covers it) but the break was clear and evident. I have tried to locate the same shoe but of course my luck they are discontinued, and although the maker makes a SIMILAR shoe, they same one is forever gone. It seems it was limited production.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

My question is, is there a shoe repair place around here in NYC anyone knows of that can resurrect shoes? A shoe equivilent of Madame Paulette''s? I am desperate! I have searched high and low for a replacement shoe and seeing how they are impossible to find again, it looks like my only shot is to repair this really thin heel and pray it holds? That''s why I need a good trust-worthy shoe repair, because it won''t be cheap and they have to redo the suede cover on the heels, and potentially that could ruin the whole shoe.
7.gif

(by the way I went to the company directly first and the woman there told me they can''t do the repair, and they have another shoe model similar, but it''s pony hair, which I detest and it''s just plain ugly...
32.gif

HELP. Someone. Help my shoe...
39.gif

goldfish

Rough_Rock
There is a place on the north side of 55th street across the street from the Peninsula Hotel. It''s on the east side of 5th ave. I''ve been taking my shoes there for years, and they are great!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck! I think maybe it''s a generational thing, but people today in general just don''t appreciate how essential it is to have a decent shoe repair person. I even get repairs done on brand new shoes--like replacing the little black things on the heel with rubber for non-skid. My husband has had rubber soles added to his expensive leather shoes too. sigh. /rant
40.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Nicrez, I can''t remember the name of the excellent shoe repair I used to go to in NYC--maybe Progressive Shoe Repair??-- but I have a way to track them down...

They were the shoe repair recommended to me by the folks at Manolo Blahnik. Call the shop on 54th and ask for who they recommend for shoe repair. :) Good luck!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I go to a place in the subway station on 53rd and 5th. Believe it or not, they do all the Jimmy Choo repairs and I can vouch for their excellent work as they''ve repaired many broken heels for me and made alterations to high boots that were too loose around my calves. If nothing else, they will tell you if it can indeed be repaired or not.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 4:13:51 PM
Author: curlygirl
I go to a place in the subway station on 53rd and 5th. Believe it or not, they do all the Jimmy Choo repairs and I can vouch for their excellent work as they''ve repaired many broken heels for me and made alterations to high boots that were too loose around my calves. If nothing else, they will tell you if it can indeed be repaired or not.
If they are the same as Shoe Service Plus, at 15 West 55th (btw 5th and 6th), then I just got it from Jimmy Choo themselves. I went back the stupid lady I spoke to earlier wasn''t there today, but another who was quite helpful. They said to try these guys first, and if not they would take it in and it could take several weeks. I would gladly wait.

I get nervous because when I repair I hate SEEING the repair. I am such a details nut that repairs always are done so shoddy (or too shoddy for my discerning eye). Let''s hope they are good. If they ruin these shoes SO HELP ME I WILL ATTACK. They are my happy shoes. I need them back.

If I could have shoes custom made, I would. Can I? Anyone? That would be my ultimate. Seriously.
30.gif

THANKS GUYS!!! Keep the names coming if you have some. I have soooo many shoes to repair it''s sad. about 8 pairs to be exact...
39.gif
Not including new boots to alter to my slender calves I have not purchased yet!
31.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results