shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoe assistance (Freke, anyone?!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys I am not a huge shoe person but I found a pair of shoes I loved that I thought fit when I purchased them. They are a pair of peep-toe Guess brand heels with a solid back and sides (for lack of knowing better terminology - they have no sling back, etc just a solid satin type black shoe with beautiful pleating around them and a little open area for the toes)

They were incredibly comfortable (esp for high heels!), but the first day (and subsequent days) that I wore them I discovered they are 1/2 to a size too big, so when I walk, my heels pop out so it really slows me down and I walk funny not because my feet hurt, but because if I walk fast I literally walk out of my shoes! I love these shoes and really want to keep wearing them.

Nordstroms gave me some inserts that go under the ball of the foot when I went asking for advice (I fully intended to purchase whatever they recommended but the salesman kindly insisted that I just take them) - they were inserts they had in the back shoe storage area, and I don''t think they were special inserts made for the express purpose of making ''too big'' shoes fit. I think perhaps he was trying to help by giving those inserts to take up a little bit of the extra room, but they did not work.
7.gif

OK, long story short. I LOVE these shoes. Comfortable and pretty. I really want to fix this too big shoe problem. His inserts did not work. Any suggestions from the pros? TIA

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
These will help. And anything shaped like that will help. It goes into the back of the heel, and they help out like crazy! I''d still keep the ball of the foot cushion in there to take up a little extra room, but I''d definitely try out these. My right foot is 1/2 size smaller than my left, so I have these in all of my right shoes. Unless I''ve decided to make the left foot suffer and buy the shoes in 1/2 size smaller. But whatever...

There are other brands, and they all work pretty much the same. You can find them in any department store, shoe store, and also at the drug store. The difference between sizes is about 1/8 of an inch, so it''s usually easy to take care of it.

Hope it helps!!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
The heel liners that Freke posted are great, I use them in a bunch of my shoes as well.

I have also found that these work EXTREMELY well when I''m trying to make too-big shoes fit. They are awesome and work like a charm. I have a few pairs of shoes that are about a half size too big and when I put these in, they are perfect. They have an adhesive strip on the bottom to hold them in place if you want, but I don''t even take the backing off because I don''t want them in my shoes forever. And also, if you don''t stick them down, you can use them in multiple pairs of shoes without having to purchase more.

Carbonlove

Rough_Rock
Did you buy them at Guess or Nordstrom? Nordstrom will take them back even if you have already worn them. I worked there for like 5 years when I was in college.

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all of you so much! I knew this would be the place to get help! I will go out and purchase each of those to try.

Carbon, I purchased at Nordstrom''s, and although I really appreciate that they would be willing to take them back, I don''t feel right returning shoes that I already wore to work, especially since it is my own fault that I purchased slightly too big and they had no other problem with them (different story if they had a flaw or something or I hadn''t worn them out yet!)

I absolutely love the shoes and will do whatever I can to make them fit!! :) (plus they were the last pair!)

Carbonlove

Rough_Rock
I definitely appreciate that attitude, but if you change your mind the sales person will understand. All shoe sales people are certified shoe fitters and should be able to help you with choosing the correct size. You can have them find the proper size at another store and they can ship them to you. Also, they send worn merchandise to Last Chance where it is sold.

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 3:11:03 AM
Author: Carbonlove
I definitely appreciate that attitude, but if you change your mind the sales person will understand. All shoe sales people are certified shoe fitters and should be able to help you with choosing the correct size. You can have them find the proper size at another store and they can ship them to you. Also, they send worn merchandise to Last Chance where it is sold.
Oh wow Carbon, thanks for the info - where is Last Chance? Hee hee maybe I need to go check it out! :)

Carbonlove

Rough_Rock
Scottsdale, AZ

Brilliant_Rock
Darn. I am in LA. I will have to tuck that away in the back of my mind in case I take a trip to Scottsdale!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results