PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FOUR years?! *!$% that! Those vaccines are the worst ever! :x2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FOUR years?! *!$% that! Those vaccines are the worst ever! :x2

LOL well relatively speaking I had even more side effects from the Moderna Covid Vaccine but girl, I hear you. I experience so many adverse effects from most vaccines and wish this Shingles series lasted decades vs 4 years :(

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeh, those shots are painful!

I made my parents get the shingles vaccine when they became eligible. I’ve seen how bad it can be with patients, and even best case scenario when you get it is that you’re miserable and in pain. They didn’t put up any resistance lol. Luckily they will usually take my guidance on medical things given my MD, unless we’re talking about fad diets or fertility, cause then my mom is convinced she knows better ‍♀️. To this day she yells at me for eating things that are too cold and will shock my ovaries.

My MIL got shingles on her face (she was in her 70s). It was the start of her downhill decline. :(2 She got depressed because
she couldnt/wouldnt go anywhere for 6 weeks until her face healed up. Then Parkinsons kicked in. Seems that you can be
predisposed to some of these illnesses that stay dormant until something reduces your immunity (like shingles). The shots
are painful but would definitely recommend that everyone gets them. I got shingles in my twenties and have dealt with these
little breakouts on my back since.:(2

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm… I think I got the first shingles shot a year or two ago, snd forgot to go back for the second…. :oops:. I’ll have to check on that and if that’s right, check with my doctor on how to proceed. Shingles is not something I want to deal with.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I got shingles at age 37 after my second son was born. I initially thought it was a contact dermatitis but quickly realized it wasn’t. It was miserable, and I was wracked over what could’ve caused it. I was worried I had undiagnosed diabetes because of my strong family history. Turns out I don’t but was extremely stressed and exhausted at the time.

Take care of yourself folks! Whether that’s getting vaccinated, doing frequent self check ins, hydrating, resting, hobbies or whatever!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone here had their titers done after either having shingles or vaccination? Curious what it shows.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone here had their titers done after either having shingles or vaccination? Curious what it shows.

Not for shingles but for the measles. My DH had the measles vaccination twice because he produced no antibodies after the first one. And unfortunately the same for the second. So he is not protected despite two vaccinations

And same for the Pfizer vaccine. He developed no antibodies so had to do Moderna again and the third time was the charm. This was in 2021IIRC

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results