shape
carat
color
clarity

shhh its a surprise birthday present....just need help with setting!

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Ok all of you amazing PS''ers. Here is my dilema. I am designing a ring for my mother for her birthday in Septemeber. I have two stone choices for her to choose from for center stones:

an 8x5mm .75ct Pear shaped salmony pink tourmaline or a 7x5 mm oval that is .60cts for the center stones. I also purchased two 5x5 mm trillion pastel green apatite with a tcw .85 carats for the side stones. I would like the setting to be in rose gold, very simple and one that really lets the gems stand out. I am trying to keep the setting under 200.00 if at all possible. If rose gold is not an option than only yellow gold. NO WHITE GOLD OR SILVER.

She loves these colors and takes extremely good care of her gems so i''m not concerned about the softness of the apatite.
I searched and searched but having never searched for mountings or semi mountings before, I was a tad overwhelmed and found a ton with diamond accents, but really want to stay away from those if possible. And I want to avoid doing a custom job if I can....if that is the route I end up having to go I will use a local jewlery here - but I really want to try and do this all pre-fab if possible...

Thanks so much in advance.
rparker.

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking something like this, but for either oval or pear (I don't know which stone she will like better) and with the green stones on the sides, and in rose gold.

Obviously, I can't do this particular ring...

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-PRONG-ROUND-SOLID-18K-WHITE-GOLD-SEMI-MOUNT-RING-/140405185598?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b0cd1c3e

or this one, due to costs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-PRONG-ROUND-SOLID-14K-YELLOW-GOLD-SEMI-MOUNT-RING-/140405185600?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b0cd1c40

What do you think about the overall look or appeal? Suggestions and feedback - positive and negative accepted?

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2010 8:20:16 PM
Author: yingh
That''s very sweet of you! Since your side stones are trillion, I will say go with the round center stone.

Did you see this one?
3 stone semi mount

for the oval stone

The 3 stone semi mount is perfect! I''m sure the jewlery i''m using can modify the setting to fit either the oval or the pear!

Or i can just buy her a round!

AWESOME!

tHANK YOU SO MUCH!

i love pricescope!

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
OK, so i checked with the vendor - they can upgrade to 14K rose gold for an additional 58.00 (not too bad imo - but then what do ya''all think)
They can upgrade the diamonds to si1, si2 for 18$, and then here''s the really expensive part - they can modify the prongs/head to fit either the oval or the pear and the 5x5 trillions for 90.00. THAT is the part that seems high.....

Oh and they will resiize to a 10 for 10$$ for me. and shipping is 19,99. Bringing the grand total for the ring to 324.99. More than I wanted to spend. Now i''m wondering:

a.) is it really that expensive to redo the head?
b.) Is it worth upgrading the diamonds, when they are that small?
c.) is that a fair price for the 14k rose gold upgrade from the 9k?

Thanks in advance.

rparker.

PS> I did ask them if they could do the re-heading for 60.00..or if they have another similar setting that would better suit my needs. I haven''t heard back yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results