shape
carat
color
clarity

Shenoa & Co. are great sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chateau4us

Rough_Rock
Greetings!
I felt the need to post my positive experience with Shenoa & Co. after I read a couple negative posts.

I just bought a ring for $7241 from them this past week. I asked for a very conservative appraisal (from a local,certified independant appraiser) and it was for $8900. He told me to insure the ring for a lot more. The appraisal states the clarity to be higher than Shenoa stated. It is an incredible ring with 1.5 round center and another carat in a pave setting and couldn''t touch it at any local jeweler for twice what I paid. I didn''t even have to pay sales tax which saved me hundreds! I trust them more than most of my local jewelers. I also can''t say enough about their customer service. I would be happy to do business with them anytime and will recommend them to my friends.

I read some of these posts from a couple unhappy clients. Any time you sell an item that can vary in price you will get someone not satisfied, no matter what the seller is willing to do. I don''t understand why they are complaining about a full refund. I also don''t understand why someone would want to leave negative feedback if they got their money back. Their policy clearly states if you aren''t happy with the purchase, just return it. People need to take some responsibility and do some reseach first and get a professional appraisal not rely on a relative to give their opinion.

Sincerely,
Jeanne AKA Happy customer.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2005 2:30:17 PM
Author:chateau4us
Greetings!
I felt the need to post my positive experience with Shenoa & Co. after I read a couple negative posts.

I just bought a ring for $7241 from them this past week. I asked for a very conservative appraisal (from a local,certified independant appraiser) and it was for $8900. He told me to insure the ring for a lot more. The appraisal states the clarity to be higher than Shenoa stated. It is an incredible ring with 1.5 round center and another carat in a pave setting and couldn''t touch it at any local jeweler for twice what I paid. I didn''t even have to pay sales tax which saved me hundreds! I trust them more than most of my local jewelers. I also can''t say enough about their customer service. I would be happy to do business with them anytime and will recommend them to my friends.

I read some of these posts from a couple unhappy clients. Any time you sell an item that can vary in price you will get someone not satisfied, no matter what the seller is willing to do. I don''t understand why they are complaining about a full refund. I also don''t understand why someone would want to leave negative feedback if they got their money back. Their policy clearly states if you aren''t happy with the purchase, just return it. People need to take some responsibility and do some reseach first and get a professional appraisal not rely on a relative to give their opinion.

Sincerely,
i agree,so.....did you do some reseach on the cut quality? what lab report did it come with?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on having a positive experience, sounds like you ended up very happy with your purchase which is what really matters. Can you post pictures of your ring? Folks around here would love to see it.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Yea, I''m with mrssalvo, would LOOOVE to see pics. Almost sounds too good to be true.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would also love to see it!! Just as an aside, it''s also difficult to accurately grade clarity when a stone is set - some inclusions could be hidden by prongs, etc.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
In your other post you mentioned that you bought a 1.5 I VS1 but that the appraiser gave it a 1.48 K VVS1...that's a color grade of two drops. Did it come with a cert? What lab graded it?

As for insuring it for alot more, I would not necessarily because all that means is that you will pay inflated insurance amounts. You should insure it for what you can replace it for...aka if that is what you paid for it or with some buffer, the conservative appraisal. Otherwise paying yearly insurance on an overinflated appraisal amount can get old after a while.

Lastly, I highly agree that doing research before buying is the best way to go...how long have you been researching, looking etc and what were your priorities in a purchase?

Interestingly enough the price you paid was a decent one but IMO nothing super low...I just told someone else today about a Hearts and Arrows Ideal Cut stone on WF, a 1.5 J SI2 graded by AGS for $7500 or similar...I'd probably rather have bought that stone and been assured of the amazing cut quality and a better color grade (with an eye-clean SI2) than end up with a K VVS for the same price (even with setting) on eBay. But that's just me!

I also would love to see pics!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
congrats on your purchase....enjoy it and it seems you are very happy! Nothing else matters!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
If you are happy, that is all that matters. But if you are trying to convince yourself that you got a good deal, we may not help you out with that.

Shenoa sent you a ring that they said was an "I" color. Your appraiser said it was a "K." There is a big difference in price between an "I" and a "K."

I know that Shenoa lists most of their rings as "ideal cuts." Unless you have an AGS certificate or a Sarin report, you do not know how good the cut is on your stone.

You likely paid too much for the ring. I would NOT be happy with a K stone if I was told that I was getting an I. Almost everyone here who has posted negative things about Shenoa received a lower quality stone than promised. Even in their "good" feedback you will see comments like, "They sent me a lower quality but when I complained they sent me a better stone." That''s GOOD?
20.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
seriously, I would NOT be happy if I was told that I was buying an I stone and it turned out to be a K. Huge difference!

But then, it''s your ring and you have to wear it, so as long as it makes you happy then you got a good deal.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
can anyone say troll?
Dont feed trolls.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2005 4:50:15 PM
Author: strmrdr
can anyone say troll?

Dont feed trolls.

If you''re right, dumbest troll ever. "Great experience! I got royally scr**ed!"
20.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2005 4:50:15 PM
Author: strmrdr
can anyone say troll?
Dont feed trolls.
Heh.
11.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2005 3:14:09 PM
Author: BeaudryBabe
Yea, I''m with mrssalvo, would LOOOVE to see pics. Almost sounds too good to be true.
what they say about something that is too good to be true?
9.gif

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
How is "S-H-E-N-O-A" pronounced?
emotion-14.gif
emotion-14.gif
emotion-14.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
too good to be true... hmmm
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
31.gif

well, all I can say is that a diamond sold as an I color, it should actually be so, not a K. I would get very mad if I got a K instead of I. There is a big gap between VVS1 and VS1, but it''s not eye noticeable. A K stone is noticeably darker than an I one, though. -.-

ddcobb

Rough_Rock
Greetings!

Sincerely,
Oh come on...could this be anymore obvious? chateau4us joined on 10/7, not to long after Shenoa got called out in a thread, for screwing that guy on EBAY, with their less than scrupulous business methods. WOW WHAT AN AMAZING COINCIDENCE!
20.gif

He clearly did the same thing in the original thread as well. I can only look at bulls*** so long before calling it out

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Since we''re all just signing up and commenting on people''s choices of what type of feedback to leave, I thought I''d stick up for the freedom of speech. Our ability to post negative experiences and give negative feedback is how the system works. It''s why the system works.

I''m a teacher, and I encourage my students to visit and use www.ratemyteacher.com. If I get 50 posts and a few of them are negative, I''ll realize that I can''t please everyone. However, when I see teachers who have negative rating after negative rating, I trust the kids. They know a bad teacher when they see one. It''s the same with ebay. A few negative ratings in a sea of positives isn''t going to influence me, but numerous negative feedbacks with recurring themes should be believed. And people should not be harassed to change their feedback. They shouldn''t even be asked. They''ll include a positive follow-up note if the seller rectified the situation.

I had a bad experience buying "I" colored diamond earrings off of Ebay. They turned out to be O. The seller totally gave me the run-around (calling me sweetheart, claiming that the "ebay people" were out of town, telling me that what I paid was "awfully cheap" for I colored stones, telling me I had better accept their refund minus shipping because the president was going on a month long vacation starting the next day, etc.). In my negative feedback, I left a link to a diamond forum where I told the whole story. The seller left me feedback calling me a "cry baby with buyer''s remorse." In the end, I believe my feedback did make a difference. The seller''s ID, which had over 1,000 comments, went defunct a couple of months later after several more negative comments popped up.

I encourage anyone who has a negative diamond buying experience to write something like I did:

"www.pricescope.com, search for [seller name] to read whole story"

After hearing the whole story, potential customers will be better equipped to decide which vendors to buy from.

drkewl

Rough_Rock
yea, look at her ''3 posts''.. what person signs up on a website like this to post 3 very similiar comments on a diamond they supposedly bought from a vendor that was bashed mercilessly because of a customer''s horrible experience? I don''t know about you, but the majority of first posters post because they have a QUESTION, then finally come back to relate their buying experience and what they got. Most don''t just sign up and say ''look what i got and look WHO i got it from!"

Also, I HIGHLY doubt a first time poster would use the search function if they simply wanted to post about a happy buying experience.

Horrible, absolutely horrible...

drkewl

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/14/2005 5:09:47 PM
Author: ddcobb

Greetings!

Sincerely,

Oh come on...could this be anymore obvious? chateau4us joined on 10/7, not to long after Shenoa got called out in a thread, for screwing that guy on EBAY, with their less than scrupulous business methods. WOW WHAT AN AMAZING COINCIDENCE!
20.gif

He clearly did the same thing in the original thread as well. I can only look at bulls*** so long before calling it out

MAybe i''m mistaken.. but i thought that incidence happened awhile ago (10/7/05 is only a week ago, the ebay horror story was in july/aug). Still, i agree with your suspicions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results