shape
carat
color
clarity

She said yes! Thank you pricescope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrdisco99

Rough_Rock
After all the research and figuring out, I finally gave my girl the PERFECT engagement ring... and after sitting on it for a couple weeks waiting for the right time and place to pop the question, she said yes.
9.gif

She LOVES the ring... can''t stop looking at it. We both wanted a balance between subtle, simple, and elegant, and sparkly and pretty. To me it''s perfectly representative of us and how crazy we are for each other.

I''m posting this to show off, but also to thank all of you at Pricescope and your indispensible and trustworthy advice. This site is a perfect example of what''s great about the internet, and the benefit of this new kind of individual communication we can have now. I''ve learned so much from the tutorials and the forums and I found something that we both love, thanks in large part to all of you.

I also have to give a glowing recommendation to JamesAllen.com for making the buying process so easy and for having such a great selection and great prices.

Without further ado, here''s the ring... a 1.01ct/G/VS2 square radiant in a lovely thin platinum pave setting...

mrdisco99-ring01.jpg

mrdisco99

Rough_Rock
Top shot... you can see the old-style radiant facets somewhat clearly.

mrdisco99-ring02.jpg

mrdisco99

Rough_Rock
Hand shot...

mrdisco99-ring03.jpg

mrdisco99

Rough_Rock
Another hand shot...

mrdisco99-ring04.jpg

mrdisco99

Rough_Rock
Here''s the location... Orleans Square in Savannah, GA. I''d originally wanted to do it in Key West, but changed plans when I learned this spot had some special significance to her.

She''s in the black dress sitting on the bench where I got on one knee only moments later.

mrdisco99-sav02.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS! The ring is beautiful!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, beautiful ring and I LOVE Savannah. It is so romantic there!
35.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Well CONGRATULATIONS!!! Gorgeous ring!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! JamesAllen did my ring too and I totally agree that they ROCK! The proposal location is very romantic and you did a wonderful job with the ring. It''s tres elegant!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did a great job, the ring is just stunning. Congrats!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
The ring is just beautiful!!! Congrats on the engagement!!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Congratulations on your engagement!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring, gorgeous stone!!
1.gif

And great location for a proposal - next time I visit the US, I am definitely going south!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a stunning ring! Congrats on your proposal. Sounds like it went perfect.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, romantic proposal, congrats
1.gif

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
The ring is definitely quite beautiful! I *think* this may be the same setting my diamond is being set in as we speak! Is it the James Allen pave setting that is 2.4 mm?

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!!!! Beautiful RING TOO!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS! It is gorgeous!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! I would have said yes to a ring like that too!! haha! :D

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely lovely ring!!! I really like the facets in it. I also LOVE Savannah, it''s a perfect city for walking!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic job!!! Congratulations on your engagement!

Did she have any idea you were going to propose soon after you took the picture???
21.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Mr.Disco and your FI! The ring is beautiful, and so is she...your proposal location is fabulous as well! Great job all around, best wishes!!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful ring and location!
21.gif

mrdisco99

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 9:23:50 PM
Author: indypitty
The ring is definitely quite beautiful! I *think* this may be the same setting my diamond is being set in as we speak! Is it the James Allen pave setting that is 2.4 mm?

That''s the one! It was a little frustrating because for some reason they didn''t code the graphic on the website to be able to show more than one diamond shape... and they take a week or so to set it because it has to be sent someplace special to get done. But it looked exactly like the kinds of settings she kept pointing at and and suggesting to me so I knew I had to get THAT one.

Shortly after I ordered it she and I were browsing online and she found that same setting and said she wanted something like that. She even showed it to her friends later. So I knew I''d gotten the right one.
9.gif

mrdisco99

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 12:31:12 AM
Author: Harleigh
Fantastic job!!! Congratulations on your engagement!

Did she have any idea you were going to propose soon after you took the picture???
21.gif

We''d been talking about it for a while... browsing rings and hypothesizing about our wedding, but all in fun. She knew I was shopping and researching and that it would be coming eventually, but she expected it later this year. I totally surprised her in Savannah.

mrdisco99

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 12:07:24 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Lovely lovely ring!!! I really like the facets in it. I also LOVE Savannah, it''s a perfect city for walking!

Yeah, I knew I wanted to get her a square-shaped diamond, but I didn''t want a princess. ALL our engaged friends have a princess diamond... I think it''s very faddy right now. I wanted this one to be different. She likes the scattered sparkly brilliant look rather than the cool glassy step look, so Radiant it was.

And they are such a pain in the patootis to shop for. Nobody in the town where we live stocks them. But that kinda made it even more satisfying to have one.

And yes, Savannah is BEAUTIFUL. Can''t wait to go back.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! And you chose a lovely location to propose! I always try to tell guys, the proposal doesn''t have to be elaborate. Just choose a beautiful spot, tell her sweet things, and give her the ring!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! Congratulations! No wonder she said yes!
9.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, what a pretty setting and what a beautiful radiant! I am usually not a fan of radiants, but this one I LOVE! I love the facet pattern and the square shape of it! GORGEOUS!!!!! GREAT GREAT GREAT job!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results