carat
color
clarity

Sharing the Rough...Houston Film Festival...April 17, 2015

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Sharing the Rough...Houston Film Festival...April 17, 20

One of the things the film made me realize is that we PSers are not the only ones that consider these stones "our babies." I actually thought this was some weird phenomenon associated with us hard core end users, but as the film points out, the miners often have a very hard time parting with the rough because they want it to go to a good home and be cherished. Of course, they do all the work and are the ones who truly have the right to call these stones their "babies."

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Re: Sharing the Rough...Newport Beach Film Festival

For those of you planning on attending the screening on Thursday the 30th in Newport Beach, there is a Pre-Film-Party co-hosted by 3 GIA Alumni Chapters, and you all are welcome to attend. (you do not need to be an Alumni) The screening begins at 7:30, the pre-party starts at 6:00 and runs till 7:15pm. And, as far as I can see, there isn't any cost involved for the party. As seen above, the cost of the film tickets is $15/each.

socal-gia-alumni-meet-up-pre-film-sharing-the-rough-tickets

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Sharing the Rough...Houston Film Festival...April 17, 20

Sorry that I am so late in posting this but deserves a bump...

I was lucky enough that my schedule allowed me to see this well done piece. I found "Sharing the Rough" to be both fascinating and very thought provoking. It brought home the fact that every gem has a story...and made me wonder how as a consumer, what the stories are behind those I own and how one can make a purchase that is sourced in a way that benefits to countries and their people as shown in the movie. Gemstone are the combined result of mother nature's miracle and a true labor of love for so many of those involved. Seeing this certainly brought my appreciation of colored gemstones to another level (not to mention a burning desire to support what East Africa is doing)

There's a wonderful message of hope, inspiration and passion behind colored gemstones that deserves to be told. Thank you to all involved in making this. Hopefully, this gets the distribution it deserves. Please continue to share updates.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results