shape
carat
color
clarity

shared prong custom questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkling

Rough_Rock
BF and I have decided to go the custom route for my e-ring. I would like something with a thin band, diamonds showing over the top (eternity style), not alot of metal showing. I have a 1 1/2 ct round to set and I want something that makes the stone really pop.

So we''ve looked at the Ritani endless love that has the pave on the basket and around the band but my fiance has it in his head that its too delicate (he swore to the sales girl in BBB that it was actually bent-neither of us could see that but then I wear glasses and he used to be a helicopter pilot with perfect vision, so who knows).

Soooo we started looking at shared prong bands last night. I found one I love $2750 for 1 ct tw. The problem is the side view. My fiance thinks the side looks poorly made, like a bubble-gum ring since there''s little indentations where the diamonds sit.

Is it possible to smooth those sides out without turning the ring into a channel set ring with alot of metal on either side? Does anyone out there have a shared prong with sides that are flat, not bumpy?

How much should we expect to pay for .02 ct melee? If I got the ring channel set with .02 ct melee how wide would the metal that forms the channel need to be? I am looking for a look where the band and diamonds are balanced as opposed to the diamonds being overwhelmed by the platinum.

Examples (pics) are appreciated.

Sparkling

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Did you ever find the answer to your questions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results