shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your bouquet information, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I booked the florist today, and thought it''d be nice to have us share our bouquet information, such as flowers, style, prices (if you feel comfortable), and of course, pictures!!!!! Also, BM''s bouquets are encouraged!
I had a little sticker shock with my bouquet ($325!!!!!), but I am using cymbidiums, which are $10-$12 per flower!!!!!
6.gif

My bouquet is going to be green cymbidiums with magenta gerberas. The pic is the inspiration for my bouquet, which will be bigger and have more flowers. The greenery will not be used. The BM''s will have ivory gerberas with cream green roses and kermit green pom pom mums (I can''t find a picture of this anywhere!)
So let the amazing bouquets begin! If you find a bouquet you love, add it too so we can gather inspiration from our awesome ideas!

7033_881601825799_8842391_49624400_2095060_n.jpg

Ohh that''s gorgeous!! A little high on the price, but perhaps worth it?? :D

I am getting married in vegas, my bouquet is included in the package. I want just red roses :) To get additional bouquets for the bridesmaids are $57/ 5 stem, and $45/ 3 stem. I''m considering just doing fake flowers- but some had some good points on crushing them and what not.. :)

I honestly don''t care much about the flowers- as long as they are red roses and pretty.

(my colors are ivory, red and black btw)

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hello PP!!!

Here is my inspiration picture...My bouquet will have more yellows though because its my favourite colour

Mine will be Buttery Yellow roses ( still haven''t decided on which type of rose), Very soft yellow roses (also undecided) and Parfum De Grande roses (soft pink) with baby''s breath to fill out the spaces between. I will have a ribbon and belt detail on the stems. It will be a posy of 2.5-3 dozen roses costing 125 AUD.

The BM''s will be a small posy of buttery yellow roses (1.5 dozen roses) for 50 AUD.
9.gif

large_imageofcindygenitbouquet.jpeg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
SB-
It''s great that your flowers are included!!! And I fully believe mine are totally worth the price
31.gif

Cindy
Wow the bouquet is incredible!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME....SO PRETTY!!!
30.gif

Lori

charbie

Ideal_Rock
bouquet had cymbidiums, roses, hydrangas, some orange flowers that i don''t know what they were- it was ~$150 i think. the holder was very heavy (i bet the bouquet weighed 7-8 lbs, no joke) and i wanted a very circular feel for all of the bouquets.

i did not get what i asked for. i should have shown him more pictures or something. don''t get me wrong, i do think they are very beautiful, just not what i wanted.

pscharbiebouquet.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
here are all of our bouquets (minus the flower girl) all together. again, wasn''t what i wanted/asked for but it worked, and it was too late to change them. i know my florist felt bad, but its a shame my flowers weren''t in my colors!

circleofbouquets.jpg

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the Bay Area and paid $225 for my bouquet (peonies, callas, roses, tulips, viburnum, and cymbidiums), and $80 for each of my bridesmaid bouquets. They were nice sized bouquets, but not huge, with more expensive blooms.

lesfleurs.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
charbie, those giant beautiful orange flowers are dahlias. Your bouquet was lovely! Sorry you didn''t get what you want.
40.gif
Flowers are always tough...and so far pretty much the only areas I''ve really heard people have big problems in...

I''m thinking of just doing about 2-3 dozen black calla lilies for me and about 1-2 dozen mini white callas for my BMs...not sure how much that''ll set me back, but I might end up buying them myself in bulk online and wrapping my own bouquets, since I only want the single flower look...

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, that seems really really high to me. Cymbidium orchids shoudl be that price per STEM, not per flower and they come with 6 - 10 flowers per stem. On 50 flowers they are 22 dollars per stem. On top of that, gerberas are pretty cheap and really large, so they would take up a lot of space in the bouquet. My BM''s bouquets and cymbidiums and roses and they were 60 dollars. My bouquet, while no cymbs was 90 for callas and roses with a hydrangea base. I am in Chicago, so if you are in a much higher COL area maybe, but it just seems to be overpriced IMHO

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Looking back my BM''s bouquets don''t have quite as many cymbs as you are probably looking for, but it still seems like it should be about half of what they are charging you...

MJ50.jpg

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Princessplease - your bouquet is going to be GORGEOUS!

My bouquet (the inspiration is below, the one on the left) will be flame calla lilies, black red roses, green celosia, the yellow pom pom things that I cannot remember the name of, orange gerbers, the flower that looks like a sea creature (in the photo on the left - its spikey!), orange and yellow circus roses, fall leaves around the edges, hypericum berries and the kiwi vine. Its going to be about that size and the prices was $285.

The right picture is my matron of honor's bouquet, that was the trial bouquet. Hers has the purple mums in it special for her. Remove those and you have the rest of the BM bouquets. My maid of honor has asiatic lilies instead of the purple mums to set her apart.
The bouquets will be bigger than this trial run. The bridesmaids prices were $85, while the matron and maid are $109. :)

FlowersJEB1024.JPG

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, RHB, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
What amazing bouquets. And thank you for your compliment.

Morgie-
I thought it was unusually high....we're doing the bouquet about 10 inches, with 20 cymbidiums. The Bm's are not having cymbidiums, and are only $80 each. I don't know if the number of cymbidiums makes a difference. My florist is also about 5 miles outside of Philadelphia, so I think my location may have an impact on the price. The florist suggested hydregna as a filler, but I didn't like that. I'm thinking it is pricier because I have no filler flowers.

Charbie, I'm sorry you didn't have what you wanted, but they looked incredible!!!!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding is in 26 days and I just finalized the floral order late last week
3.gif

My bouquet will be very dark pink peonies, ivory roses, and green cymbidium orchids, totaling $175. The bridesmaid bouquets will simply be dark pink peonies and green cymbidiums. Those are $100 each. Although I don''t have any pictures that capture this exact combo, they should look similar to parrot tulips bouquets (which I think are absolutely gorgeous). I''m still a bit shocked that my florist is getting peonies in November, and IMO reasonably priced too. So happy!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am having a destination wedding, but my Mum lives in the area. She is flying down for my hens night this weekend, and our florist is trying to order flowers to make me a sample bouquet that my Mum can bring down to show me!! How awesome is that?!?! If things fall into place, I should have some pics on Friday!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
My bouquet was somewhere in the $300 range and I had over 160 anenomes. They were small and flown in from Holland which was probably the reason for the expense. I should have went with my initial instinct though and did an entirely dalhia bouquet. Anyway, I would check around, the orchids should be $10 - $15 a stem or at least a few blooms for that amount.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Good to know I''m not the only one who splurged on the bouquet.
41.gif

I paid $350 for a large cascade of pure Phalaenopsis orchids. No filler was used.

$325 doesn''t seem far fetched for a bouquet of orchids only, but with other flowers mixed in I dunno...

BP011.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 9:20:09 PM
Author: goldenstar
Good to know I''m not the only one who splurged on the bouquet.
41.gif

I paid $350 for a large cascade of pure Phalaenopsis orchids. No filler was used.

$325 doesn''t seem far fetched for a bouquet of orchids only, but with other flowers mixed in I dunno...
I am not using a filler, so they have to use more orchids than normal. Your bouquet is lovely!!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
No pics but my bouquet was described like this in the floral design contract:

white Roses, white Peonies, white Hydrangeas, white Calla Lilies, rich deep purple Phalaenopsis Orchids, with stems wrapped in ivory satin ribbon.

that came in around $300ish.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My bouquets consisted of all cymbidium orchids (no filler, just leaves around the outside), and mine was under $200, while the bridesmaids'' were about $75-80, as I remember. Mine had about 17 cymbidiums. Excuse the funny faces in the photo--it was raining and windy
1.gif

kbcrazyrainxs.jpg

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I think my bouquet was about $125 and BMs were about $75. I had a simple bouquet with white and lavender roses and blue agapanthus scattered throughout.

Here was my inspiration picture....

Inspirationwhitelavender.jpg

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Here was my bouquet...the florist got it spot on!
1.gif

My bouquet2a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results