shape
carat
color
clarity

Shameless plea for sympathy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sooooooooooooooooooo mad at myself. Had my eye on these spinels from acstones for quite awhile, was going to have earrings made, balked at spending more $$ on jewelry, logged on today with credit card in hand, and they were sold (and at a reduced price).

Sniffle, whimper, can you hear me banging my head on the wall. I am gonna throw a major pity party for myself.

32.gif

SP-4571B.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, that''s the worst!!!! So sorry, you''ll find others, I''m sure. But those were really nice!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i feel your pain matata
39.gif
i have done the exact same thing! and i know this won''t be much consolation to you right now, but you will find something else. let''s start looking!
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author:Matata

Sniffle, whimper, can you hear me banging my head on the wall. I am gonna throw a major pity party for myself.
32.gif
Can I come to your party??? I had been admiring those spinels, too, (aren''t they beautiful??) and was also very sad to see that they''d been sold.
39.gif

I guess there''s a lesson here somewhere...."he who hesitates..."

Boo Hoo, Too!
widget

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had a horrifying thought. What if a PSer bought them? Oh no, if someone posts delicious red spinel earrings in the near future, do I have to be polite or can I pull the ear lobes off the wicked wench?
9.gif

I''m gonna curl up with my bottle of Cabo Wabo tequila tonight, all by my lonesome naked lobed self.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can we help you find another pair???

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2005 2:11:23 PM
Author: Matata
I just had a horrifying thought. What if a PSer bought them?
If so, no one posted the result, but who knows ? So many pass by and never post.

I am pretty sure a pair like that can still be found. Have you trie to call Barbara at Acstones ? And others should be able to help as well.

Drop a line at Gemcal too. These guys do have allot of spinel of all sorts, but the website does not show all that much.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
don''t worry matata, i will not post them
2.gif

i''ve only had don julio tequila (other than those in a mixer) would you mind sharing your cabo wabo?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure I''ll share with you belle. We''d have a great time that neither of us would probably remember.
1.gif
I like don julio reposado best.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmmmm...yes, don julio resposado
18.gif

now what were you going to do with your diamond studs if you did buy these stones for earrings?
it seems some poor gemstone was going to be left out.
8.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2005 2:49:57 PM
Author: belle
now what were you going to do with your diamond studs if you did buy these stones for earrings?
it seems some poor gemstone was going to be left out.
8.gif
Ouch. I hadn''t made up my mind about that one cause I swore once I got the studs I wouldn''t wear any other earrings and I haven''t so far. BUT, I sort of contemplated taking the diamonds from the studs & using them w/the spinels.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2005 1:46:07 PM
Author:Matata

I am sooooooooooooooooooo mad at myself. Had my eye on these spinels from acstones for quite awhile, was going to have earrings made, balked at spending more $$ on jewelry, logged on today with credit card in hand, and they were sold (and at a reduced price).

What is acstones?

Deb

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A vendor. Click here, but don''t blame me if you get into trouble.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2005 3:06:04 PM
Author: AGBF

What is acstones?

Deb

Artistic Colored Stones.....a GREAT WEBSITE!! www.acstones.com

widget

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
woops sorry...
J/K it wasn''t me I swear.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2005 2:11:23 PM
Author: Matata
I just had a horrifying thought. What if a PSer bought them? Oh no, if someone posts delicious red spinel earrings in the near future, do I have to be polite or can I pull the ear lobes off the wicked wench?
9.gif

I'm gonna curl up with my bottle of Cabo Wabo tequila tonight, all by my lonesome naked lobed self.
I'm sorry Matata. I have to admit I am the wicked PS wench who bought the cushion spinel pair 2 weeks ago.
9.gif
As almost everyone here knows (I think) that I have been looking for a pair of true red spinels for earrings since mid last year. Pear shapes have been impossible to find and so I've turned my eyes to my next favourite shaps: cushions.

I too had been eyeing these spinels at ACS since last year but after seeing so many pictures of it popping up here lately at PS, I decided I had better grab them before someone else does. Barbara kindly gave me the additional monthly special 10% discount since I received them in July, in addition to the 15% discount for items over $1000. I calculated that the price was too good to pass up since it made the spinels around $600 per carat.

Believe me, I was blown away by the colour and cut. The two are so matched in both colour and size. The brilliance is superb and although the colour is listed as medium dark, you can tell it is a very bright red in almost all lighting condition. It almost seems to glow. Barbara said this spinel pair could approximately called a vslOR6/5.

So, although I'm sorry you didn't get these, I'm not sorry that I did.
11.gif
9.gif
. The plus is that you'll never see a picture of these set as earrings on PS since I don't have a scanner or digital camera.
39.gif

I plan to have these set like the one Platinumsmith made for Asblackrock. Please don't pull these off my ears.
12.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s how I am planning to set the spinels.

Comments?
More ideas?

earring10.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Chrono...

Although Matata''s and my, and probably other hearts are broken...
39.gif
...it''s nice to know they found a good home!

Congratulations!!

widget

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Widget. I believe ACS still has another pair of cushion spinels, although smaller and pinkish red.

Plus, you have such a lovely collection. I am in envy of the beautiful heirlooms that you have posted here on PS.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, these are SOLD too! I had thought about buying these if the original largers ones don''t work out.

SP-4765BSOLD.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH inhale AAAAHHHHHHHHH gasp cough sputter....errr Congratulatoins Chrono wicked wench. I''m so happy for you I could hurl. I''m sure they''ll look lovely in your hairy wrinkled withered lobes. And don''t worry, I wouldn''t think of ripping them out of your ears as long as I never see you on the street.
9.gif

All in all I''m taking it quite well don''t you think. And you better buy a camera to post pics....it''s the least you can do.

leggs

Shiny_Rock
LOL...Such commradory.....
Congrats Chrono.....much sympathy Matata and
lets keep a look out for your pair...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe there is hope... HERE

DSCN3148RareRedSpinelCushionCuts-s.jpg

All I know is what shows on the page. Ask if you wish.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats chrono, i can''t wait to see them finished.
1.gif

matata,
i have an eerie story of extreme empathy to share with you. alas, it is still too painful to bring up now.
39.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats chrono, they will be lovely.

Matata something else will come along, at least they found a good home.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2005 1:37:09 PM
Author: belle
congrats chrono, i can''t wait to see them finished.
1.gif

matata,
i have an eerie story of extreme empathy to share with you. alas, it is still too painful to bring up now.
39.gif
Belle,
Oh no! It wasn''t me. Say it wasn''t me who did this.

Matata, I feel really bad now.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh belle do tell was it chrono???
3.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: Chrono
..... Matata, I feel really bad now.
DON'T YOU DARE FEEL BAD!! Remember, all's fair in love, war, and sparklies!

Besides, I'm a great believer in "meant to be" ....and obviously those beauties were meant to be yours!
1.gif

I'm sure that in time perfect stones will materialize with Matata's name written all over them!

widget

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2005 1:36:02 PM
Author: valeria101
Maybe there is hope... HERE

DSCN3148RareRedSpinelCushionCuts-s.jpg

All I know is what shows on the page. Ask if you wish.
Val,
Thanks for posting the link to this website......beautiful jewelry!
35.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2005 2:16:21 PM
Author: widget

Author: Chrono
..... Matata, I feel really bad now.
DON'T YOU DARE FEEL BAD!! Remember, all's fair in love, war, and sparklies!

Besides, I'm a great believer in 'meant to be' ....and obviously those beauties were meant to be yours!
1.gif

I'm sure that in time perfect stones will materialize with Matata's name written all over them!

widget
widget is right, do not feel bad! i too am a believer in 'meant to be'
....and lessons learned!
2.gif

enjoy your gems chrono, they are beautiful!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results