shape
carat
color
clarity

Sewage.... AGAIN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
It happened AGAIN!!! Luckily this time it only came up thru the bathtubs and not overflowing from the toilet, but I am soooooooooooooooo over this SH*T. Literally!!! Our apartment smells like a Porta-Potty!!!

We have had 3 more leaks (not sewage, but foam that smells like detergent. So weird
33.gif
.) that have come thru our wall in the laundry room, since the sewage incident while on our honeymoon. The maintenance guy told them after the seond time that there is something wrong with the foundation, and the management company has done NOTHING!!

This is the last straw! I am pregnant and we cannot live in fear that we are going to come home and find SEWAGE all over our apartment!

We have been there for over two years, and never had a single problem until this June, about a month after signing our new lease.

WE ARE SO OUT OF THAT PLACE!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

(Sorry, I am just so livid and needed to vent.)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! That''s horrible Meresal! I feel your pain on being over apartments. But I''ve never had sewage!
23.gif
I''m so sorry that is happening to you! The end is in sight though!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girl. I just got off the phone with DH, and they are currently looking at their open to units to see where we can be moved.

I''m secretly hoping that we get moved into a 1 bdrm so we can save even more money over the next six months. It will also be a good opportunity to sell some things off that we need to get rid of before moving into the house.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 10:29:40 AM
Author: meresal
Thanks girl. I just got off the phone with DH, and they are currently looking at their open to units to see where we can be moved.

I''m secretly hoping that we get moved into a 1 bdrm so we can save even more money over the next six months. It will also be a good opportunity to sell some things off that we need to get rid of before moving into the house.
I like the way you think!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 10:29:40 AM
Author: meresal

That would be ideal! Fingers crossed that works out! I would be soooo angry by this time - I remember your last sewage debacle.
29.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
grossness! They better move you fast. A preggo lady like yourself really should not be subjected to an infestation of raw sewage...(well, no one should have to deal with that, but it could be an added bargaining tool?)

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your thoughts ladies. I''m just so tired of this. At least our apt doesn''t smell like crap anymore.

They finally paid to have the professional plumbers come out with their cameras and SURPRISE SURPRISE, there is a broken pipe!!!!
38.gif

So, they are back out there this morning with a better camera to make sure they know where the break is exactly, and then determine where to start digging from.

This should be interesting...

As for switching apts, there is that option to go to a smaller place with less rent, but we would have to tsfr our whole lease. I''m going to see if we can negociate a closer move out date if we stay in our apt we have now. That way we won''t have to pay out the rest of the lease when we break it, as soon as the house is complete. Per our lease agreement, we are required to pay out any remaining lease payments if we break our lease early, which if we moved out in March, would be three more months and almost $4000.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Thank GOD! I got angry on your behalf reading this!

So glad they''re fixing it. The smaller apt might be a hidden bonus! But are you ready to pack and unpack all over again?

CONGRATS again, Meresal! So happy you''re expecting!
36.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no!!!! I''m so sorry to hear this. You are so right to leave, especially since you''re pregnant. There''s more than enough reason to break that lease. Again, I''m sorry you''re going through this.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
If management is a larger company, try going right to them vs taking to the people in the office. I had a problem with continual car-breakins at our previous apartment. The people in the office told me they couldn''t help and that we were stuck in our lease for another six months. A quick call to the main office and next thing I knew I had lease break papers at my door and they waived all fees associated with it.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Erica, thank you for sharing that. The management company is Fingers Co, So it is VERY large actually. I will look for a main office number.

Also, I may ask the community manager if I can sit down with her and the regional manager to talk about it. I am really tired of the community manager being the "go-thru" person to get answers and approvals from the management company.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I''d skip over your office people. Go directly to the management company and deal with them. Maybe see if they''ll let you move to another of their properties for the rest of your lease.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 3:51:57 PM
Author: EricaR
Honestly, I''d skip over your office people. Go directly to the management company and deal with them. Maybe see if they''ll let you move to another of their properties for the rest of your lease.

Me too. I''m sorry you''re still dealing with this problem, and I hope it gets resolved quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results