shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings for Possible Sapphire E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Hello all - I''ve been lurking for the past few weeks and finally feel like I''ve narrowed things down enough to put together a post.

My BF and I have been discussing engagement rings (more a formality at this point), but after looking around and then discovering PS, I''ve discovered that I''m not really enamored by diamonds. In fact, it was this posting that actually spoke to me and started my sapphire hunt (I say "my" because my BF still prefers the diamond route, but I''m wearing him down
2.gif
).

So, with that all said, I''ve located a few potential sapphire candidates (I prefer aquamarine, blue/green shades) all which are oval shapes.

My question is - I''m looking for settings for these stones - to complete the picture in my head.

These are my favorite settings so far - I know the first one will work with an oval since the PSer''s stone was oval, it was based on the second setting. The third setting is a cushion solitaire, would it work and if so, does anyone have examples of this type of setting? I''ve scoured the PS archives, but haven''t been able to find an example that works.

Oval Sapphire Setting
Cushion Setting Reference for Sapphire Setting
Cushion Solitaire Setting

I''d be open to other suggestions, simple and elegant is what I''m shooting for.
Thank you for all your help in advance and sorry for all the wordiness!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results