shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting the Cuprian

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Alright ladies! The time has come finally to se my asscher tourmaline! Suggestions?

cuprianasscherprecisiongem.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Drool!

What is the size of the tourmaline? That would be important to consider.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
sorry! It''s 8mm

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RFT,
I was wondering for a long time when you were going to do something with that beautiful stone. Do you have a setting style or dealer in mind?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Thats gorgeous! Are you a white gold person or a yellow gold person. Do you prefer more traditional styles or modern settings? How about some sort of step cut side stones?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve always loved this particular Asscher. I''m so glad you''re setting it!
30.gif

I''m going to suggest a 5 stone setting similar to Erica''s 3 ct. Asscher. Her Asscher is a hair over 8mm, and I think her ring size is a 6 or a 6.5. As for metal colour, I suppose it really comes down to what you would or wouldn''t wear, but I would probably lean toward white gold, myself.

AsscherRainbow0002.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I''m no lady, but here it goes anyway...

LTP''s suggestion is really a great one and quite close to what I meant to say, but mine would be straight baguettes along each side (N/S) and a simple, plain, white metal shank that tapers towards the back. This would also probably cost less, in case that''s an issue. A question of color preference really is important, but I think there''s an even better question than that - for what you want this piece to be? If you want it for very formal occasions I''d probably suggest white metal, but if you want it as a more casual kind of piece, yellow or even rose could work too. For instance, not too long ago I realised, that eventhough I really like some pieces of jewellery and eventhough I though it would be so great to get them...I don''t have a clue where I''d wear some of them. So take your time, think of the use for the piece, your prefered color combo and similar things, I''m sure you''ll run into something that''ll speak to you right away.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
RFT..I remember that stone..pics from before..sweet stuff..will be nice to see it set

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
White and yellow gold work well with Cuprians so the world is your oyster!

I adore Erica''s setting and would ditto that suggestion as it would be stunning with a blue central stone.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
YES! a setting like erica''s or one of those three stones from ID, they are all lovely and that stone is TDF!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the ideas suggested so far. I think the stone looks very cool. I see it in WG.

Is it to be set as a ring?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I have some cuprians with similar color, I would suggest 18K YG. It really brings out the color of the blue. White tends to wash them out a little bit.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the responses guys! I''m really torn between pave half eternity, or just a plain simple white gold tapered shank. I know I want it to be super delicate because I have really small hands. Any inspiration photos with those qualifications would be great!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one that''s sort of a mix of these ideas:

http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2007/wedding/winter07/rings/winter07_rings8a.jpg

pave shank:

http://www.ruby-jade-sapphire-pearl.com/diamond%20cut/Asscher%20cut%20diamond%20ring.jpg

could be interesting:

http://www.mdcdiamonds.com/images/ProductImages/ES13AC.jpg

again sort of a mix of the two:

http://diamonds.blogs.com/photos/rings/as_224_white_custom_3_row_verragio_w_80_.jpg

another nice one:

https://www.artdecodiamonds.com/images/products/2096_01.jpg

Or you can even consider setting it as a kite, for example with a baguette along each of the sides. Or setting it that way and have a tapered shank with a tiny row of rounds down the middle of it. Or...OK, no more suggestions
1.gif

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
RFT,

Your cuprian is so beautiful! Definitely one of the best Asscher cut gems I''ve seen here in PS... As for the setting, I think it''ll look beautiful in a two-tone setting (RG & WG) Rose gold will make the color pops out while White gold gives the frosty/wintery feeling (just my 2 cents)
5.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s perfect for a split shank. I have a couple of setting bookmarked that are prefect. What is your budget?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a preference for a particular style (bezel, halo, plain shank, 3 stone, sidestones)?
Do you want the stone to have greater presence on your finger or is the size just right?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/5/2010 6:42:45 AM
Author: blithesome71
RFT,

Your cuprian is so beautiful! Definitely one of the best Asscher cut gems I''ve seen here in PS... As for the setting, I think it''ll look beautiful in a two-tone setting (RG & WG) Rose gold will make the color pops out while White gold gives the frosty/wintery feeling (just my 2 cents)
5.gif
I agree. I would go for a LtP style double beze, with the inner bezel in RG and the rest in YG.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results