shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting stones in an eternity band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marqoid

Rough_Rock
I am going to be getting an eternity band for my fiance''s wedding band, but have some concerns.
It will be a .5ctw rounds in a platinum shared prong; I can order it for a reasonable price ($800), but I would like to replace some of the white stones with pink diamond. This will save me tons of money over doing the ring custom (or at least that''s what I''ve seen so far). I know that matching stones for an eternity band can be difficult, but is it possible. I was told that each of the stones in the band are 1.5mm; if I order 0.015ct pink diamonds what are my chances that they will fit? How much room for error is there with this type of setting?

Also, does anyone have an opinion of using a shared prong setting for a piece this small?
Thanks

marqoid

Rough_Rock
Yes, that would be ideal but the jeweler (Facets/signedpieces.com) can''t get pink diamond for me. As an alternative would it be reasonable to seek another jeweler that could do this ring for a similar price? From what I''ve seen other jewelers were asking $1700-2500 with all white stones.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
can''t you ask SP what size/mm stones to get to ensure it fits? then get a jeweler who can find the stones for you to those specs.

marqoid

Rough_Rock
Well, I guess that''s really my question. Is it that easy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results