shape
carat
color
clarity

setting questions - platinum vs white gold - pave bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prc

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I are looking at settings locally and I had preferred platinum but have seen more white gold settings that I like, probably due to the low inventory of platinum styles. I want something feminine and a reasonably thin with some small diamonds, possibly pave and/or engraving. Also, how important is it to match the quality of the center stone with the stones in the setting? Does anyone have any photos or designs they can show me or any website dealers that I should check out? I''ve noted Quest, Whiteflash and Blue Nile. And are any of these sites better for quality or service if I find equally great rings? Thanks!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I know a lot of people on here don''t really trust Blue Nile, but I got my setting from them and I absolutely love it. It''s white gold with pave set diamonds in the band and adds a nice sparkle to the ring. It also really accents my RB center and really makes it pop.

As far as white gold vs. platinum, there are pros and cons to both. Platinum is more expensive and more rare, but white gold can be just as beautiful. I wanted plat at first, but later opted for WG.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results