shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting question :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

I am wondering if you all could help me out with a setting question?

Do you think a 8x5 oval would fit into a standard 8x6 head/setting? Or do you think that it would have to be a custom piece?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is a custom piece. I think most pieces have a 0.5 mm give or take. Some jewellers have empty standard settings in their stock so if you want to be sure, bring the stone into the store to inquire.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chrono! I was afraid of that!!! I wish I could just go to a jewlers and look at some settings, but we live in a small town and they would have to order some pieces in for me to check
7.gif
. That is also why I have so many stone/setting combos sitting around-small town = scary options for setting stones! I usually just wait until I am headed back home to my old jeweler.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry. I have a 7x8mm setting and could not fit in a 6x8mm stone which is why my guess is that it will not fit. It took me quite a while to find the right stone.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looking at it from another angle, the difference in length is 20%.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again ladies! I just found out that the measurements were wrong and it is 8x6-so problem solved :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 4:20:07 PM
Author: stepcutnut
Thanks again ladies! I just found out that the measurements were wrong and it is 8x6-so problem solved :)
great news. are you getting the setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results