shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Question in Follow Up to the Earing Charm Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
So I loved the idea of having just plain leverback earrings made, and then purchasing various colored stones to be set as a dangle, so I could switch them up. Thanks to Kismet and FlyGirl for posting your fab pictures.

So does anyone have a suggestion on someone, maybe on Etsy or otherwise, to set the stones in a simple basket or prong dangle setting. I wouldn''t want JKT or BGD to do something so simple (at least I think it would be simple, what do I know!).

Thanks!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I had my garnets set by my local jeweler who has a benchman in house. The baskets were stock pieces so it was pretty inexpensive ($100). Are you stones a calibrated size?

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 11:18:02 AM
Author: Kismet
I had my garnets set by my local jeweler who has a benchman in house. The baskets were stock pieces so it was pretty inexpensive ($100). Are you stones a calibrated size?

I don''t have them yet, lol!
New project for me, so I have starting looking at various vendor''s matched sets.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 11:18:02 AM
Author: Kismet
Ditto this. In fact, I''m heading over to my jewelers right now with a pair of 8 x 6 mm blue topaz ECs from Dana for setting.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too plan on doing this. And am looking at matched stone sets. I just haven't found anything striking yet. But I did find an old pair of YG earring loops that would be perfect to hold charms. Amazing how Pricescope can change how I view my older jewelry! This time for the better!!
9.gif

I will use the jeweler that set my Spess for ordering the settings and setting the stones.

Edited for clarity.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any local jeweller can so this very easily and quickly if you stick with standard stock baskets for the stones. Even the leverbacks are easy to procure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results