shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Opinions, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Hi. Hubby and I finally picked out the stone we wanted (1.5 carat round) and it''s been sitting at the jewelers waiting for the setting I ordered to come in. It''s been the longest few days - and even when it DOES arrive, we''re to go look at it, make sure it''s what we want, and THEN he''ll have it sent out and set. Of course I''m agonizing wondering if I ordered the right setting, whether or not I''ll like it once I see it, how it will look next to my wedding band, etc. I know I won''t want to wait even longer if I decide I don''t like it, so I''m trying to be as sure as possible that this is what I want before I go see it, hopefully tomorrow. My wedding band is three rows of channel set diamonds with a margin of gold in between the rows, and on the top and bottom edge. the center row are larger diamonds, the upper and lower row of diamonds are smaller than the center row. (sorry, probably should have taken a pic).

The setting I ordered for my diamond is a cathedral with channel set diamonds on both sides. He ordered the setting to have the diamonds on the sides to be the same size as the center row of my wedding band. I love cathedral settings, and I love channel set, so this seems like the perfect setting, but now I wonder.... should the setting be flat and flush against my finger like the wide wedding band is instead of arching up in the cathedral? Is there any "right" or "wrong", or is it strictly personal preference? Part of me says I should stick with the cathedral, and another part says to look like a "set" I should get a non-cathedral, channel set setting for the stone. Your thoughts and or pix, please?

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Peronsal preferance and what looks good to you and what feels comfitable should be top priority. Besides you can always wear one of the rings on your right hand if you don''t like the way they look together.
1.gif

Sue777

Rough_Rock
I LIKE the way you think!
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results