shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting ideas needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jesbo

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I will be soon assembling a ring and need help. My total budget will be in the neighborhood of 1500 with 500 or less for the setting. I will worry about choosing the stone once I can decide on a setting (I will ask for help on that next
emwink.gif
.) I am hoping to find a nice round diamond in the .5 - .75 area for my price range. I want the setting to be white gold, and just a solitaire setting. I have seen a few tulip style settings, and really like those, something with that look and not quite as high a profile would be ideal. The trellis style or cross prong styles are nice as well. What would be my best bet on such a small budget? Any pics would be great. I really appreciate any help as I am obviously a newbie, but I have seen how the board can help a guy like me!

Thanks in advance!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the forthcoming proposal!!

Have you found out what your soon to be fiance would like? Maybe you can make a few hints to see?

Are you sure she wants a round stone or would she prefer something more square or even oval, pear, marquise etc.?

The type of stone will often dictate the setting style although some can suit a range of stone shapes.

I know you said simple solitaire, is that because you want to spend more on the centre stone? Otherwise maybe she might like engraving?

Find out more from her and we''ll help you optimise your budget!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Do you know generally what size her finger is? And is your budget very firm?
At $550 this is a little over budget but I''d suggest this:
gi_DV-812W_m.jpg

perhaps set with this ideal .49 J VVS2? The combo will come in a little above your budget, but with what I have estimated the pricecope discount could be, it could only be about $150 over. (I am not certain what the discount for pricescope members really is).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results