shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting ideas for a 4 mm stone?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it! The setting suits the demantoid in every way. Even though the setting might be high, I think the stone is recessed in it, right? If so, that will provide a decent measure of protection, slightly better than a bezel. And yes, PS washes out our pictures.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've done well! Its like that little guy was just shouting out for a delicate antique look. Please post when he is all set and squared away.

airdancer

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! A handshot please when you are done.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Well here it is, all done :)

I really like the setting - it was inexpensive so it's a little light, and tends to twist on my finger as a result, but for the price I can't complain. It's really frustrating trying to get pictures, the stone seems much more intense in the setting than it did loose, and in certain lighting I can't stop looking at it. It's definitely whet my appetite for demantoids, and when I am a rich old lady I hope to buy a bigger and more "chrome" green one. Hell, maybe even before I am a rich old lady. For something that looked so small, it has a lot of punch to it. Unfortunately the pictures don't come close. Either way, here:

demantoidring.jpg

demring2.jpg

demring1_0.jpg

I'm turning into a freak, I have a teeny weeny topaz out getting set now, too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deskjockey|1402410200|3690053 said:
Well here it is, all done :)

I really like the setting - it was inexpensive so it's a little light, and tends to twist on my finger as a result, but for the price I can't complain. It's really frustrating trying to get pictures, the stone seems much more intense in the setting than it did loose, and in certain lighting I can't stop looking at it. It's definitely whet my appetite for demantoids, and when I am a rich old lady I hope to buy a bigger and more "chrome" green one. Hell, maybe even before I am a rich old lady. For something that looked so small, it has a lot of punch to it. Unfortunately the pictures don't come close. Either way, here:

demantoidring.jpg

demring2.jpg

demring1_0.jpg

I'm turning into a freak, I have a teeny weeny topaz out getting set now, too.

This is so funny, I have almost the same exact setting that I'm about to set my 4mm tsavorite in. I love the look. Enjoy your ring, the stone really stands out in there.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I bet it packs quite a punch! It came out beautifully.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That came out super! The setting makes the stone just glow. We LIKE freaks around here! :))

--- Laurie

airdancer

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! It looks great! The colour really pops!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice for a little gem! It looks great on your hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results