shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Months and months ago I asked for your suggestions for a stone I was considering. Well, turns out my boyfriend bought me the gorgeous EC aqua I''ve been lusting after for months! Here''s the thing, I still can''t decide how I want to set it. If any of you are bored, I''d love some help and ideas. I know I like thin shanks, and I want something really delicate.

I''m hoping to wear it as a cocktail ring, so I will want something pretty formal. Here is a picture of my beeeeaaaauuuutiful stone!

emeraldcutaqualove.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
An LOGR halo link

I love this one link
Or, I''d contact Patrick Irla for something floral, feminine, and completely unqiue; I''d love to see the lines of an EC with a tiny hydrangea on the side, maybe a diamond accent on the other.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plain metal decorative style or something with diamond accents?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 10:03:21 PM
Author: Chrono

....Yes.

Honestly, I don''t know. Probably diamond accents, but I could be swayed other ways.

That''s my problem, I like too many things.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2010 10:15:26 PM
Author: OUpeargirl

Date: 3/8/2010 10:03:21 PM
Author: Chrono

....Yes.

Honestly, I don''t know. Probably diamond accents, but I could be swayed other ways.

That''s my problem, I like too many things.
Ummm...is that a "yes" to both questions?
31.gif

Let''s start with something easier: yellow or white metal? Or 2 tone?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
White gold for sure. I love the look of Harry Winston EC with baguettes. I would love pave down a thin shank. I would love a knife edge, plain setting. I can''t decide.

This is horrible! I love way too many things.
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh pretty!

What''s your budget?

if budget allows, what about making it into a three-stone with trap sides?

I like the halo idea and I also like the idea of a split-shank (either with diamonds or maybe even like Freke''s Big Blue ring)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 10:56:46 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Ooh pretty!

What''s your budget?

if budget allows, what about making it into a three-stone with trap sides?

I like the halo idea and I also like the idea of a split-shank (either with diamonds or maybe even like Freke''s Big Blue ring)

Lane hasn''t given me a budget yet. He''s giving me the setting as an anniversary gift, but letting me choose. I haven''t figured out how to politely bring up the budget issue.. I''m assuming $500 or under.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Browsing online and saving pictures of rings that you like which hold stones very similar to yours (not just in color, but also cut and size), might help you see what is it that you want. Cause if you like some design element in a ring with a round stone, doesen''t mean you''d like it as much in this one.

P. S. Your stone seems more like a baguette cut than an emerald cut, as it doesen''t have clipped corners...(?)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 3:25:50 AM
Author: ma re
Browsing online and saving pictures of rings that you like which hold stones very similar to yours (not just in color, but also cut and size), might help you see what is it that you want. Cause if you like some design element in a ring with a round stone, doesen''t mean you''d like it as much in this one.

P. S. Your stone seems more like a baguette cut than an emerald cut, as it doesen''t have clipped corners...(?)

I''ve been looking online. It''s funny, before it was mine I was finding settings I loved left and right. Now that I''m looking I can''t find something that really speaks to me.

I was told it was an EC without clipped corners. I did a little research after reading your comment, and you are probably right.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
How big is your stone (in mm)? Do you want to set it N/S or E/W?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Kismet, I don''t know. The jeweler did not provide me with that information and I don''t have the stone with me. I can check this weekend when I go visit BF.

I would prefer it set N/S. I guess I just don''t know where to look? I''ve been referred to Wink, but once I got on his website and looked through his colleagues settings, I didn''t find anything I liked. Eh. I''m getting slightly frustrated and it''s only been a week.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
31.gif

r566b.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Now, realistically, you could consider the 2.5mm Roseco pave cathedral with a peg head for your stone. That would keep costs down.

roseco pave cathedral.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
My budget dropped considerably once BF decided to put in an offer on a house... Sigh.. Priorities.
2.gif

I''ve contacted Wink and we''ve talked about setting it in a simple WG setting. While it''s definitely not my first choice, I''m sure I''ll still love it.

Thank you for the help everyone! If you have any pictures of anything special I could do with my setting I''d appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results