shape
carat
color
clarity

setting height question quick!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Folks,
I am currently having a setting made for my 3/4 carat radiant. It''s going to be a thin micro pave split shank kind of like a cheaper version of daniel k. I have a question however... They said that the setting height would end up at 6mm (from top of the finger to top of the prongs), and it would be difficult to go below that since the basket is going to sit on top of the bands. What do you think, is 6mm going to catch on everything or bump into things? Also, do you think it will look too high? I know that some ladies here have quite high settings even over 8-9mm, but my diamond is much smaller and I''m worried that this is going to look too high or be impractical. Let me know your opinions fast because they are going to start working on it tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help, I''ll show you pictures when it''s done!!!
40.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks John, an expert''s advice is always welcomed! Does anyone else disagree with John or should I go ahead with the setting? Thanks again for your advice.

mamchris

Rough_Rock
Hi Kcoursolle,
I think your ring is going to be very pretty. I have a 9 mm high 1 ct rb. Which is set to high, imo. But I have had it for 18 years now and while it sparkles like crazy in that high setting, I am getting an upgrade to a 2 ct cushion. I am having the cushion halo set at 9mm, which should be good for that size. I think the 6mm is definately not too high. I think you will get use to it quickly and realize that it isn''t too high. Can''t wait to see the hand shots.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
your upgrade sounds fantastic, be sure to show pics. I think I will go ahead with the setting at 6mm, and hopefully it will look great.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
My 3.29 ct RB is approx. 5 mm from the bottom of the shank to the top of the stone. Keep in mind that I requested the mounting be made to be VERY low set. Specifically, I wanted the center stone as low as possible, just short of the culet touching my skin! But I know that I am completely in the minority here as to height. This is just what works best for me. I''ve had "higher" settings and they just never felt right.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results