shape
carat
color
clarity

setting from engagement rings direct?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I was just wondering what people''s experiences were with settings from engagementringsdirect.com
I searched the forum and found mixed reviews - I am concerned because I found the perfect-looking setting (at a great price!) there and am hoping they do a pretty good job.

Thanks for any info - I''m hoping it''s good!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
If you don''t mind my asking, which setting are you looking at?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the reviews I''ve read here it would depend on which setting. I think some have had problems with the settings that are the same as the ones from antiqueengagmentrings.com

hi Wren - it''s setting 3414 - a basic platinum setting (a lot of the settings on the site have lots of little stones in them.)

mrssalvo - thanks for the information! It''s confusing, this setting is listed in the antique engagement ring section on engagement rings direct, but while i went to the antique engagement rings website I did not see it there - so hopefully that means it is not from that company, since people have been having problems with them?

Thanks for the help!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
That''s a beautiful setting!
I don''t remember seeing that particular ring on aer.com before, but I can''t say for sure that it''s not from them. I have noticed that they have a lot of mountings that they use regularly that are not posted in their mounting section.

Hmmm...I looked and didn''t see this particular setting listed on aer.com but that''s interesting that they have more settings than they show, I guess? How frustrating - because then there''s no way to know if this setting is from them or not. I talked with the guy at engagment rings direct and he said he modifies the prongs to fit the stone, so I am wondering how much difficulty can there be with a plain platinum setting? (probably a lot, unfortunately!)

Thanks again!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Actually not that much can go wrong, I''d think.
There''s casting defects like pitting which are not very fixable, but that can happen to anyone. (it just happens more frequently if you''re not using a good caster or breathing down their necks).
4.gif

Then there''s common setting problems like crooked prongs, or the seat for the stone not cut level. As long as there is plenty of metal left in the prongs, pretty much all of those problems can be fixed or tweaked fairly easily.
I wouldn''t worry about this setting too much.
35.gif
You like it, it''s a good deal, go for it!

Ready2AskHer

Rough_Rock
I am going to have a diamond set this Tuesday. I was considering using Engagment Rings Direct to perform the setting. Apparently people have had problems with some of their settings. What sort of problems do they experience?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results