shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for my emerald cut, please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkle

Rough_Rock
Hi there.
I have seen some beautiful platinum Tacori rings, however I am dismayed by how the "basket" hides the stone. I have a 2.14 emerald cut diamond, H color, internally flawless, signature cut, and I am looking for that antique look. My fiance has ever so kindly allowed me to find the perfect setting. I like small pave style diamonds on the side. Nothing too flashy. Anyone have any ideas? I am looking for something elegant, semi cathedral mounting or cathedral, and I like to keep things somewhat simple. I am overwhelmed by the amount of choices!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
good choice. Love Emerald cuts with pave - the contrast of little shiny diamonds and the clear, icy look of an EC is my favorite. (as you can tell)

Good luck in your search.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote for leon--ANY leon!
2.gif

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Tberube.
A thin micro pave band with a emerald cut looks spectacular! (not that i''m bias at all as that'' what is currently being made for myself! lol)
But since Emerald cuts tend to face up smaller then more other diamond cuts, it''s nice to contrast it with the thiness of the band to help the diamond look bigger then it appears.
And i think we may be ring twins if you do! my center is 2.1ct with a 1.5mm micro pave band....

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 10:43:34 AM
Author: ~*Snow*~
I agree with Tberube.

A thin micro pave band with a emerald cut looks spectacular! (not that i''m bias at all as that'' what is currently being made for myself! lol)

But since Emerald cuts tend to face up smaller then more other diamond cuts, it''s nice to contrast it with the thiness of the band to help the diamond look bigger then it appears.

And i think we may be ring twins if you do! my center is 2.1ct with a 1.5mm micro pave band....

One day I''ll get that 2ct. diamond....one day...
12.gif

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 10:36:40 AM
Author: musey
Another vote for leon--ANY leon!
2.gif
Leon......Leon.........Leon..............Leon..............Leon...........LEON!!

28.gif

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
therube- One day I''ll get that 2ct. diamond....one day...

I had to compromise to get mine. There wasn''t enough in his budget to get the diamond and the setting, so i offered to pay for the setting, since i was picking out/drawings/designing it anyway. I think I got a fair deal!
31.gif

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
My dream Leon..........

thrthqitiwiiiiiii.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hvae you seen my e-ring? I have a 1.72 EC in a Tacori. I don''t think it hides my stone at all. I love it!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 7:41:02 PM
Author: ponderer
My dream Leon..........
ooooooooooooooo good dream!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results