shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for an emerald cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ok, this is all very theoretical because nothing is final and I don''t want to jinx myself.

If you were looking for a ring setting for a 5mmx7mm emerald cut stone, what would you go for? The stone itself isn''t huge, and I don''t want it to be totally overpowered by the setting.

Suggestions?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, it all depends on what you like - do you prefer plain bands, halos, diamonds on the shank, etc. My personal taste (which should not influence your decision) leans towards having a halo, but not a huge one. Have you seen laurenthepartier''s emerald cut stone (it''s yellow, but I can''t remember what it is) in an LOGR setting? Also, for me it would depend on the color and saturation of the stone.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I think she used this setting:

LOGR 5x7 emerald.jpg

SparkleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
This one is gorgeous too! It''s sitting on my dresser lonely waiting for a stone (I ordered one to put in it but after looking at it I think it''s too much like another ring I already have). I upgraded the gold and diamonds and had them size it for me. The diamonds are tiny but they do sparkle!

LOGR 5x7 EC Setting_SS.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I love that second pic, I think a delicate halo would be fab. Something along the lines of EmeraldLover1''s amazing setting. That halo...drooool.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
If you like east/west settings, there''s this one:

LOGR 5x7east west.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
or how bout this, but its a bit large maybe?
LINK

East West setting

logremaldewsetting1.JPG

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
You didn''t mention price range, so I''ll submit my favorite setting for an emerald cut. Just a little Tacori, Style 2579.

2579.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
But, quite honestly, my dream setting for any EC stone is a 3 stone with step cut traps. I have a Madiera Citrine with 2 EC side diamonds, and it''s one of my favourite rings!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Price range is really small. Under $400. I like things that are really delicate, and worry that the halo on the first LOGR would be too overpowering.

The stone is a spinel, purple. I''ll head off to study the rest of the photos you''ve posted.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is my favourite (and well in budget as well): delicate baguette sides. It can be adapted for an emerald cut for around $40 (yes, I''ve asked").

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could have this one made for a 5 x 7 ... we could be double halo cocktail ring twins.
31.gif
Offer 100 under the asking price, then ask them to make it for 5 x 7.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VS-G-0-67CT-SOLID-14K-DIAMOND-SEMI-MOUNT-SETTING-RING_W0QQitemZ250457909952QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Fine_Rings?hash=item3a50746ac0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A200

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5x7 isn’t huge for a coloured gemstone so if going with the halo route, I’d just be more cautious about choosing a daintier halo setting. The first one looks rather clunky. I prefer the EW and bezel setting. What colour is the stone? Most darker toned stones don’t look good bezeled, haloed or set in a very contrasting white metal colour.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Since you say it''s a purple spinel I''m guessing it''s somewhat light in tone (as most are). In such a case (and considering it''s an EC) I''d probably skip the halo idea and go with some tapered baguette sides for instance. Or even go with a nice solitaire setting, as brilliant cuts in a halo can be very white, therefore very contrasting and distracting. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. Have fun choosing
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results