shape
carat
color
clarity

setting/euroshank/mikemorell

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have a few questions.

What is a euroshank band and can any setting be designed this way? Can an old ring be adjusted to have a euroshank band?

What is it called when the prongs have two little prongs at each corner...for example, on a princess stone, there would be 8 prongs in all sometimes the two at each corner appearing welded together? Are there any websites that show these?

What is Mike Morell''''s website? I just love the beautiful MM ring that was bumped up!

Thank you!

bookworm

Rough_Rock
Oops! Make that Mark Morrell. Sorry, Mark.
20.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
mark''s website is www.mwmjewelry.com
2.gif

here is a picture of a princess stone with v-prongs...

princess_v_prongs.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2005 6:39:37 PM
Author:bookworm

What is it called when the prongs have two little prongs at each corner...for example, on a princess stone, there would be 8 prongs in all sometimes the two at each corner appearing welded together? Are there any websites that show these?
Here's one by Vatche (www.dvatche.com). I'd call them 'double prongs' - although some slightly different versions are called the same (e.g. with the tip of the prong as a double claw). On Pricescope such double prongs with the tips united are sometimes called 'heart prongs' because from the top the tips of the prong lool like minuscule hearts.

341-a.jpg

Mark Morell did those on a ring too:
image011.jpg

'Euroshank' describes those rings with the back of the band flattened. They say these are more stable onthe finger, so a high solitaire setting doesn't tip over so much. How effective this is I can't tell. These rings are somewhat harder to resize because of their shape. The euroshankmodification does not show at all when the ring is worn.

Here's one euroshank ring by Mark Morell, since you mentioned:

image008.jpg

Would you mind sharing the details of the project
2.gif
... what diamond, design details... you know. Is Mark going to do it ?

bookworm

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Those are the prongs I was talking about, especially when paired with a U-prong. I like the idea of the euroshank, too, but would be wary of buying one without knowing how comfortable and/or effective it would be.

I love Mark''s work. It appears absolutely seamless. I''m not sure where I will end up buying my setting, though. My dh bought a princess cut diamond for me but all my setting shopping was causing him angst. He just wanted that thing in a ring already!
2.gif
So, I had it set in a very plain, basic tiffany-type setting. I''m shopping with more leisure now for more of an antique style, something more unique and feminine.

Thanks for your response!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results