shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Diamonds into Titanium....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xxbignipperxx

Rough_Rock
I''ve recently found a couple bracelets made out of titanium that I really like. I spoke with a local jeweler about getting some diamonds put into it. Approximately 2-3 worth of small round diamonds. Basically crusting it I guess. I was told that you cannot set into titanium because of the hardness of the metal and also the bond they create that holds the diamond to the titanium (the setting they use I guess)? Is there a way around this? I know I could probably go with white gold or even platinum...but I really like how this particular bracelet looks...and I love the durability of titanium.

Please advise. Thanks guys.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it is done because there is jewelry made with diamonds set flush in Titanium. But most jewelrs do not deal with this metal - you need to find a shop that specializes in Titanium jewelry.

Like this:

facia4A135.jpg
ring from HERE.

There is not shortage of them online. On this forum, you will find a couple of stories about rings done by Boonerings. I am not sure if they would set stones into pieces made by someone else, but I would surely ask.

THIS is the relevant website.

Hope this helps
1.gif

xxbignipperxx

Rough_Rock
I guess I just need to find the shop like you mentioned. I really like this bracelet and am very particular with what I like. So customization would be my only option. Thanks.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results