shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting by Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Though I have a a beautiful ax prong setting, I fell in love with a Cartier setting. I found a setting that is very similar at wink web site. The question is will this six prong setting make my stone look to crowded? I have read several post about wink and would love to buy a setting from him.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Can you post a link to that setting?
What are the dimensions of your stone?

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I didnt post a pic (busy watching Anthony Bourdain sp?) Depth: 60.7 Table: 55 Crown Angle: 34.7 Crown %: 15.5 Pavilion Angle: 40.7 Pavilion %: 42.9 Girdle: very thin to thin faceted Polish: Excellent Symmetry: Excellent Culet: None

WSE101.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is a great setting! I think it would look great, if you are worried I would ask Wink he wants you happy so he will let you know ahead of time if that wont work.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The prongs look very small in the pic and the setting looks great!

I winder if they could make the shoulders of the ring like Cartier''s ring has them - it may be just a matter of finish, but I can''t be sure of that.

Here''s what I am talking about - the tappering elements get tinner next to the stone (half carat in the picture).

cartierSetting.JPG

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Also had anyone who has bought from wink how do you like the quality of his pieces? I am going to buy the setting in 18k white gold. I like the fact that platinum does not turn to a yellow however hate how my other plat ring always gets the patina ever after I have it buffed.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
If i could give him more than 2 thumbs up, I would. My ring was custom through him, and it turned out excellent. It is Plat, not gold, but I am sure the quality will be similar. If you aren''t happy with it, I am SURE he will find a way to make you happy.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink has an excellent reputation here on Pricescope and is a true gentleman to boot. I wouldn''t hesitate purchasing from him at all.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I am going have Wink change two parts of the setting so it will be customised to my liking!!! Yeah

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds great. I know he will do an awesome job for you. I hope to work with him one day myself!!!
2.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I was think about what valeria101 typed and I would want the shoulders of the ring tapered in. I thought about it and instead six regular knobby prongs I would love six claw prongs (similar to the one in the pic). Would this be safe for my diamond?

claw prongs.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2006 6:06:50 PM

I would love six claw prongs (similar to the one in the pic). Would this be safe for my diamond?

Wait a minute... those are also double prongs (8 not 4, really). You mean 6 singles, right ?

If you have a custom ring in the works, that can easily be an option - it isn''t too hard.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Yes thats what I mean six singles. However I have not seen singles on an rb
14.gif
. I just hope that the single claw prongs are safe. I dont want to lose my baby from my ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results