shape
carat
color
clarity

Setter Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lundro

Rough_Rock
I have purchased a round brilliant diamond from one on-line site and a tiffany like setting from another site. Can anyone recommend a jeweler in New York City to set it?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
why not ship it to the company you purchased the diamond from and have them set it. most jewelers don''t want to take the risk of damaging a diamond they didn''t sell you, espcially since you didn''t buy the setting from them either.

lundro

Rough_Rock
The site where I bought the stone will not accept an external setting. The site where I bought the setting will not set an external stone. I have contacted one jeweler in NYC that will set it but I was hoping for a recommendation from this forum.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahhh, well hopefully someone in the NY area can give you some names. good luck. do you mind sharing who you purchased the stone from? Most of the online vendors I know of will set a stone into someone''s setting or viceversa. even though i can understand completely why the vendor selling the setting wouldn''t want to be liable for the expensive stone. i think it might help others when deciding whom to purchase from.

lundro

Rough_Rock
Blue Nile sold me the stone, Excel Diamond the setting. I don''t think the fact that either one won''t set it reflects negatively on them. If anything it just highlights that I am very specific in what I am/was looking for.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just think it''s good to know when recommending a vendor to someone. We have heard several stories here from people who can''t find a jeweler willing to take the risk and set a stone. if i recommend bluenile, i like to know they won''t set a stone into someone else''s setting so the person buying can be aware of that and make their decision accordingly.

lundro

Rough_Rock
I located a jeweler in NYC that agreed to mount the stone in the setting. They did a very nice job and I am very pleased with the results. The name of the jeweler is Wedding Rings Originals.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results