shape
carat
color
clarity

Set EC in Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TheDoctorWu

Rough_Rock
Ok so now that I''ve put down the money (thanks Chronos, AchiOmega and WindowShopper for your input) I am now in possesion of the before mentioned 1.61 carat EC diamond. Now I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for who to set the diamond and the best process for that.My lovely gf prefers a standard 4 prong tiffany style setting-> which I must agree with! Is it better to have one of the online companies do it-> would that mean I would send the diamond away (not really what I would prefer). or have a local company do it-? the appraiser suggested EE Robbins....

Anyway thanks!

PS is it neurotic of me to have the diamond appraised again after picking it up from the appraiser? Ie to make sure he hadnt pulled a quick one on me?

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 12:21:16 PM
Author:TheDoctorWu
PS is it neurotic of me to have the diamond appraised again after picking it up from the appraiser? Ie to make sure he hadnt pulled a quick one on me?

I can''t speak for good jewelers in Seattle, but if you''re worried that your appraiser might switch the diamond, have him show you the "plot" from your certificate to the diamond as to where the inclusions are. More likely than not, you have nothing to worry about, especially if it''s a reputable appraiser...they aren''t willing to lose their license over a $10000 diamond!

But have them take the time when you pick it up to show you that this is the diamond that you dropped off...a reputable dealer will have no problem providing this service.

Good luck! Can''t wait to see the finished product!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results