shape
carat
color
clarity

Sesame Street''s Ghetto Roots...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Ha, thanks for posting. I loved Sesame Street growing up, that and Mr. Rogers Neigborhood!

Hope C gets to have own faves that last on the air 40+ years..and that it''s not just Yo Gabba Gabba! ;-)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the article! I turned on Sesame Street today for JT. He doesn't usually watch it so I hadn't seen it for years and years. I was kind of surprised at how MUCH it's changed.

btw- Happy Birthday, Sesame Street!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i loved Sesame Street! Oscar was my favorite. Ghetto FAB.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I loved Sesame Street as a kid. I guess it has been santizied with time- love the grittiness of what it used to be!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting this, TGal. I loved Sesame Street as a kid. I haven''t seen the more sanitized version yet, but I probably will be soon as A reaches that age.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I miss the old sesame street... I wish I could get a DVD of all of those great old things like the aligator king and his 7 sons (with the ruby toes), the letter N one, the 12345,678910,1112 song with the pinball machine... that monster that had one two three four five six seven eight nine little eyes on her head (and snakes for hair too lol). I love all of those old things but you rarely see them anymore... well, I haven''t watched it for about 4 years now but I saw it change a lot from when my daughter was about 2 until my youngest was about 4. It had already changed when my daughter was little (snuffy isn''t imaginary anymore?? sheesh!) and with a lot less emphasis on poor grover and way too much emphasis on elmo... elmo''s voice is too whiny! I liked grover... I love those old fly in the soup skits lol One of my favorite kid shows - I know they had to let it evolve but I wish we could still access the old ones other than in bits and pieces on youtube.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
cehra, you can get DVD''s of the old stuff apparently. i totally plan to.
5.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 7:37:01 PM
Author: Mara
cehra, you can get DVD''s of the old stuff apparently. i totally plan to.
5.gif

it''s thousands of hours! I''d be happy with just the little cartoons lol

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watched a little bit of it one day a while back and it was SO different than what I watched growing up. I remember Big Bird always called Mr. Hooper, Mr. Looper. And I cried when Mr. Hooper died. That was my first ever experience with death as a child. We learned that people have different color skin and can speak other languages and nobody cared that you weren''t the same. And there was a deaf woman, but I can''t recall her name. Dang that was such a good show! And now I have the number song Sara mentioned running thru my head!

I liked the Electric Company and the Muppet Show too!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 7:26:57 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
...the 12345,678910,1112 song with the pinball machine... .

OMG YES. Oh dang it, now it''s stuck in my head...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-YcBVEnLT8

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I used to sing "Won''t you be my neighbor" in the shower. GAH!! I won''t be singing that with my Granddaughter...no, no, no....

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 11:57:33 PM
Author: miraclesrule
OMG, I used to sing ''Won''t you be my neighbor'' in the shower. GAH!! I won''t be singing that with my Granddaughter...no, no, no....

Isn''t the "Won''t you be my neighbour" song from Mr Rogers?

I loved Sesame Street when I was a kid! I might have to buy the DVD''s. I haven''t seen it in a long time, but I remember the news when they changed Cookie Monster to say "Cookie''s are a sometimes food" Yes, Cookie Monster is at fault for childhood obesity.
20.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom bought us a couple Sesame Street records when we were younger. One is Sesame Disco The link is just a poster for it-I couldn''t find the actual record on there..but check out Ernie''s big gold chains haha! Is it weird that when I still lived at home I would put that record on when I was cleaning the basement? I was in my 20''s. The record had the Rainbow Connection on it and I so love that song!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sesame street is on YouTube and there is a 40th anniversary clip of some kind. I have to watch more sesame street...it''s so amusing with its inside jokes for parents. Like Sarah Jessica Parker''s line in this clip...hehehe.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SesameStreet

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SS was an excellent show. I grew up without cable and survived solely on PBS and maybe 5 other channels. I loved the Count, and Snuffalupogus.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results