shape
carat
color
clarity

Serious ring spinnage goin'' on here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
What''s the solution to ring spinnage when it''s really cold? These puppies are going ''round and ''round. I think the w-ring, which was sized long ago when purchased and then it languished in a safe prior to the big day, is too big! But, I won''t do anything about size during the winter months, just in case it''s pretty snug come the hot weather. Any stop-gap suggestions about how to minimize spinnage now? The w-ring looks like an eternity, but is really fourteen channel set diamonds on an OGI band with a little engraving and a small polished spot in back for sizing ease. And, of course, I''m always looking at the back of the band instead of the damonds because of the spinning. The e-ring is platinum with a high mounting, so I know the weight will keep it moving ''round the finger and there won''t be much I can do about that. And I wouldn''t dream of soldering the two rings together. I''m a little concerned about knocking my diamonds against something when they''re "palm in".

Can sizing beads be put in and removed if necessary?

The good new is, when I''m ready to stack something else with my set, the rings will not be too tight on my finger. Yeah, there''s the answer . . . I need bling to stack with my bling!
28.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have quite big knuckles compared to the bit of finger where my ring sits. I had Whiteflash put sizing beads in my ring to limit spinning. It really does work...

(my diamond on the pic is only .55ct lol! It looks so tiny but it wasn't in real life)

It only took me a few days to get used to the beads. Here is a pic if it will help...

sizingbeads121211.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I like the more bling solution, myself!
9.gif

You might want to consider putting an arthritic shank on your e-ring. It is not a cheap solution but it works well for me. There are a number of different types out there. I prefer the kind that hinges open.

You might also consider getting a thin plain band to wear in between your e and w rings. That could be a temporary solution until you decide on the appropriate additional bling.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
A horseshoe sizer is another consideration. However, more bling would be more fun.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have major problem with that also. In summer, my rings are tight from swollen hands from the heat. In winter, all my rings spin around like a merry-go-round.

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine doesn''t spin. Is it because my stone is low-set?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 4:13:48 PM
Author: Ellen
A horseshoe sizer is another consideration. However, more bling would be more fun.
9.gif
I''ve never seen that before. Huh.

Thanks for the suggestions gals.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 5:04:23 PM
Author: Harriet
Mine doesn''t spin. Is it because my stone is low-set?

My RB is way low set and even with the arthritic shank it wants to spin when it is way cold here in the northeast! I think that you can''t win in all conditions!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My rb is set as low as possible and doesn''t spin.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results