shape
carat
color
clarity

Serendipitous find in

syndrome

Rough_Rock
Years ago, I was gifted three pearl strands: a white baroque strand, a blue baroque strand, and a round pearl strand with three red beads.

Back then, I couldn’t fathom wearing them. I put it away and promptly forgot about them. Nowadays, I love pearls and I was thrilled to find them.

Here is the blue strand. I think they might be baroque south sea of some sort. I don’t know if the quality is good—some pearls look plasticky while one or two shine. There are the occasional pit marks too. That doesn’t diminish my delight in rediscovering the strands though. Thanks for letting me share!

syndrome

Rough_Rock
Those are dyed Chinese freshwater pearls. They look pretty-- enjoy wearing them!

Thanks for identifying it! They’re certainly not very good quality but it’s nice to have found these to try for size and style. I’ve been considering a strand of smaller akoyas but I’m really enjoying this size/aesthetic!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pearls are solid nacre-- no bead inside-- so they are very durable. You'll get many years of use out of them.

I like wearing less expensive strands in the summer, when I've applied sunscreen to my throat and neck areas. I prefer not to get sunscreen on my best pearls.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for identifying it! They’re certainly not very good quality but it’s nice to have found these to try for size and style. I’ve been considering a strand of smaller akoyas but I’m really enjoying this size/aesthetic!

they are really pretty
wear them in good health
i think its awsome you rediscovered them and are now enjoying them

the pearls i have worn the most (always my xmas day pearls) are bright blue dyed freshies
and when i say bright blue its a very unnatural peal colour
cost $30 at an outlet store as a set with earings and a braclete !
i actually view these pearls as my in into my love for pearls

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results