shape
carat
color
clarity

Send Me Your Good Vibes PLEEEEEZE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Heehee, yup, it''s the best thing about living in OK ~ the property values are phenomenal. We Okies simply cannot fathom the astronomical housing prices in other parts of the country because we have it so good here. Seriously, $700k and above gets you what I would consider a ''mansion''.

I''m soooo super excited!!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Teebee: Congratulations on your new and lovely house. PS fairy rocks. Good vibes from our PSers do work. Simply amazing. By the way I love the tree in front of your house.

Allycat: Thank goodness they refused your offer. All the best in your new house hunt with your FMIL. You will find your dream house. I''m sure!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Woah! That house looks great from the outside! Are you already planning how you want to decorate it?
3.gif

That is an amazing value though, I''ll barely be able to get a decent condo for double that amount!

I sort like the tree too...

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Teebee: that house looks amazing!!! Congratulations!!! its a wonderful place...

allycat: glad ur offer didn''t go thru!! better luck next time around =)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TeeBee the house is wonderful!!!
30.gif
30.gif
So pleased to hear you got it and that Alleycat you didn''t get yours! It just proves that good vibes can even carry across the pond!
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
teebee! sooo thrilled for you, seriously! how exciting...

ally- glad they didn''t accept your bf''s offer
1.gif
what was he thinking, when you didn''t want it anyway? hehe

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Teebee: WHAT a HOUSE! It''s beautiful! I especially like the creeping plant thingy. My dream house will have some of that
3.gif
. Make sure to take some pictures of the inside!

Icekid: It''s more like what was I thinking??? I thought it would be ok but on furthur reflection, there were a few flaws that I decided I couldn''t live with. Like I said, I can be really stupid some times.

ky6

Shiny_Rock
ooooh teebee!!! I LOVE that house. It reminds me of a Florence Park house :) Or even some of the ones over at 31-41 & Lewis. Just love those styles of homes. Congrats on the price acceptance. Let us know how the structural inspection turns out.

Jenn5973- I know this question was directed toward someone else, but to let you know-we have on average a 75% pass rate in OK.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh the house is so so lovely! I will be praying that everything works out!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
late to the thread but just wanted to congradulate you teebee. Love the tudor style homes. Have soo much character. 3car garage is right up Dre's alley. *siggghhhh*, we'd need 1.5 mill for that same house here.
11.gif

Enjoy it in good health. Now on to the headache of collecting all that paperwork and carpatunnel syndrome at the clossing table. woohoo!
36.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Im late too... was out of town all last week... CONGRATULATIONS! I am totally jealous of how cute your house is! Wish we lived in OK to get something that fabulous! I bet you cant wait to move in and agree... start working out your writting wrist!
3.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww!!! Sometimes I just can''t get over how great you all are!!! Oh, how funny is that that I didn''t say "y''all" in the previous sentence!!!
9.gif
HAHA!!!

Thanks again so much for all of the good thoughts!!! Kinda like BlueRoses mentioned, in the grand scheme of things, my house is not a big deal... but in the day-to-day of living life, it makes a huge impact for me and I so appreciate your thinking of me.

We''re not totally out of the woods yet ~ the inspections are Friday afternoon. I''m still sort of a nervous wreck until then and praying hard that we get good reports back.

HOF ~ you are so right, the PS fairy rocks!! How are you doing? I''ve been thinking of you and hoping that you are staying busy and doing things for yourself right now. As for that tree... I guess I would like it better if it weren''t RIGHT in front of the house. I like trees in the front yard, but it is just so close to the house... and it is a nuisance tree... and it is so close that its roots could eventually cause damage.

Blue ~ absolutely, I''ve already got color swatches dancing in my head...
11.gif

Ally ~ I love the creeping ivy also... We will have to make sure it is not a variety that can damage the mortar though... the house we live in now used to have a lot of climbing vines and ivy and they have wreaked havoc with the wood siding and some of the mortar... too bad because it looks nice but can be very damaging. Hopefully we can keep it!!

KY6 ~ YUP!!!! That is exactly what I love about this neighborhood in OKC (Crown Heights)!!! It totally reminds me of Florence Park and Maple Ridge. It''s a really lovely historical district area. When I bought my house in Tulsa, I so wished I could have afforded Florence Park, but it just wasn''t possible on my own. Living just kattykorner to FP wasn''t bad though...
9.gif

Cutegirl ~ That''s so funny, the garage is such a guy thing!! This garage also has a workshop so it''s like a heaven on earth for Bryan! I totally love tudor homes. I used to call them ''pointy'' style homes!!
9.gif
I already have carpal tunnel syndrome (got it when I was painting in my old house!!!) but I think it is safe - since I''m back in school with no job, then I won''t have to do much at closing... I guess I''m what the lender calls a ''non-qualifying'' (almost) spouse!!

NJC ~ You''re not late at all - good thoughts are never too late!! And like I said, we''ve still got to get through the inspections...
2.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Let us know how your inspections turn out today!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ky6!!! Only 4 hours to go!!! I''m going to take my camera & my camera phone so hopefully I can get some pictures!!

OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just realized that I forgot to tell you guys one of the neatest things!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did I forget this????

Okay, when I lived in Tulsa, my house was just a few blocks away from my stepdad''s childhood home (for ky6: he grew up in a house at about 20th & Gary; my house was at 22nd & Indianapolis). I just thought this was kinda cool having a house so close to where he had lived (and I''d heard all of his childhood mischief stories - he burned the garage down there!!) and when he told his mom about it, she said that she remembered them buying their house for $8,000.
9.gif

NOW, this house that FI & are buying (hopefully) is just a few blocks away from where MY MOM GREW UP IN OKLAHOMA CITY!!!!!!!!! Seriously, how cool is that? My mom & her sister, my grandparents, my great-grandparents & my great aunt all lived in this one house when my mom was a little girl. She went to the elementary school just across the street from the house we are looking at!!!! She took piano lessons from a lady a few houses down from this house!!!!!!!!!! I just think that is the coolest thing. Not only because it was were my mom and granparents lived, but my great grandparents too - they lived through to my 20''s so I was very close with them and feel very lucky to have known my great grandparents. I guess just being able to be so close to where they lived and our family history, as uneventful as it is, is really special to me...

My mom was telling me all these stories last night about it all: how she doesn''t really remember her parents because my grandpa was going to college (fresh out of the Navy & WWII) and my grandma worked a lot, but my great grandparents were such attentive grandparents that it seemed very idyllic, and how Memaw (her granny, my great granny) would go to all of the stores and sketch the dresses, then come home and make all of their clothes for them ~ and that everyone always thought that they were very wealthy because my mom & her sister were so well dressed, and how Boppie (her grandpa, my great grandpa) was home everyday at 5:00pm sharp and would immediately sit down at the kitchen table w/ my mom & ask her all about her day and ask her what she learned and what new songs they sang (he loved music) and whenever she learned a new song she would sing it for him and then he would sing it with her and then he would write it all down in a little music book he made for her... I know I''m rambling on and on... but how sweet is that??? Wow... to have grown up in the 50''s...

Anyhow... thanks for indulging my sentimentality for a moment ladies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results