shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling Jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joydarata

Rough_Rock
I never expected to be in this position but then, life is a series of challenges to be met and overcome. With no alternative, I am seeking to sell my jewelry and am clueless as to how to go about it. I''ve never been in a pawn shop in my life and can''t imagine that to be appropriate for me. All I''m looking for is a jeweler who is knowledgeable, honest, and on occasion, buys peices of quality jewelry. I would appreciate any
34.gif
34.gif
specific advice the experts can give me. Thank you

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear you are in this situation! A pawn shop, if you have quality pieces, is definitely not your best bet - or at least your last resort. They will give you the least amount. If you have signed pieces (Tiffany, Cartier, that kind of thing) you could see whether signedpieces.com wants them, or you could talk to Mr. Pearlman at www.pearlmansjewelers.com (?). They both sell quality pre-owned stuff. You could also try craigslist. As a rule of thumb, ask for about half the currect retail price for non-signed / certified stuff and you can try for about 2/3's if its GIA cert'ed diamonds or signed pieces (on craigslist... don't expect more than half from a jeweler).

You could also try a jewelry district if you live in a big city like NYC, Chicago or LA. Just make sure you shop the pieces around a bit to get the best deal.

joydarata

Rough_Rock
Thank you

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, steer clear of the pawn shops. Once out of curiosity I took a stone I aquired from my mom (a .38 D VS2 - RB ideal) and the they offered me $100 for it (which of course I turned down.)! Another place to avoid is eBay. I sold a pair of poor quality diamond huggy earrings there and only made $75. The woman who bought them was thrilled!
2.gif

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
If you have any named or significant pieces then the auction houses might be another alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results