shape
carat
color
clarity

selling ce diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

myrah

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

First post. Love pricescope. Question: I have a clarity enhanced emerald cut, 3.26C, H color, I1 clarity set in as a solitaire in platinum. It''s a pretty ring, but it''s very big and gets noticed a lot. Not really my style. I would like to sell it. It was appraised at $16,000. However, when I brought it to the jeweler, he said it was worth much more; $25,000 to $30,000. I almost fell down. Was he correct? He asked if I would take the amount on my appraisal, meaning, he would keep the rest. What do you think?

MG

afrodyt2000

Rough_Rock
Did the jeweler know it was clarity enhanced?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The appraisal sounds right... I have no idea what the jeweler is talking about !

You could use the database here and the list of CE diamonds at Yehuda for price refference if not done already.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2005 9:58:35 PM
Author: afrodyt2000
Did the jeweler know it was clarity enhanced?
Even if he did... take a look at this.

The 30 K sounds like GIA H/SI2 - which may look the same. Hopefully, this would not be sold as one
33.gif

myrah

Rough_Rock
Yes, he knows it is clarity enhanced. The jeweler said it was because of the carat weight that made it more rare, even though it is enhanced. I have been on a couple of ce websites but none have a ec that big for me to compare. Yehuda had a 2.02 ec at 18K.

MG

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If he''s offering to buy it for $16k, this may be a decent offer. If he''s offering a consignment sort of program where you get the first $16k and he gets the balance, it will depend on how good he is at selling enhanced diamonds. Some jewelers do well with them while others have difficulty moving them. Do you know what company manufactured it? Most will give you warranty paperwork with your purchase that will include this information. Any potential customer you sell to will be interested in this warranty.

Who graded it I-1 H? Grading c.e. diamonds can be tricky and the usual GIA grading scale doesn''t apply.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

myrah

Rough_Rock
It was appraised by a GIA graduate. It is not a GIA report. The diamond is a vintage piece, circa 1950. I recently had it sent to Yehuda for "re-enhancement. They did not charge me.

m

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results