shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling a loose diamond...advise needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeffreykhandy

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone.

It was about a year ago that everyone at this site helped me out beautifully...took me from an uneducated misfit to an...um, educated misfit? Anyway.

Unfortunately, the diamond only stayed on my fiancees hand for a couple of months before everything went bad...long story short, I now have a beautiful diamond...and no need for it.

So here are my two questions.

1. What is a reasonable price to expect to get for my stone. Here are the measurements. GIA Cert. Round Brilliant, measurements: 6.31 - 6.38 x 3.99mm, 0.95 carat, Color: H, Grade: VS2, depth: 61.5%, Table: 54%, Girdle: Thin to medium - faceted, Polish: Good, Symmetry: Very Good.

2. What is the best process in selling loose stones?

So that''s it. Again, I really appreciate everyones help...you guys are the best!

J.
[email protected]

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does the vendor you purchased from have a trade in policy? that would be the best way to recoup most if not all of your money. maybe they would give you a credit to use at a later date?

you can also do a search here on selling a diamond and a bunch of old threads will pop up.

jeffreykhandy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply.

I bought the diamond from White Flash. They have a 1 year return policy (70%) and a lifetime tradeup policy, which doesn''t do me any good.

Honestly, I''m not even sure what I bought the stone for...it was a year and a half ago, and I was really hoping that I would HAVE to remember.

Any other thoughts?

J.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Something to read

Why is the life time upgrade of no use to you? Never planning on getting married? You will take a bath on selling it now. My advice - lock it away as a future downpayment on another WF diamond for the next lady.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. I am sure the last thing on your mind is getting married to another girl but with time I am positive you will meet the woman you are meant to be with. I am NOT suggesting giving her your current stone but that would be a great time to trade it into WF for a different ring. Just store it in your safety deposit box until that time comes.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
If you want to ''''get rid'''' of it, and the 1-year buy-back policy hasn''t expired yet, I''d sell it back to WF. I seriously doubt you could get anywhere near 70% for your stone should you decide to go for the ebay or consignement store.
39.gif

On the other hand, if you don''t want to sell it back at what is a fairly substantial loss, you can always keep it. No, I''m not suggesting you should use it for your future engagement ring, it''s something I personally am not fond of, but I think it could make a very nice pendant or a right hand ring.
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I just noticed you bought the stone 1.5 year ago. This voids the buyback policy. I think the suggestion made by other posters is good as well. You can think of the stone as your next downpayment on another WF diamond. But I guess it''s all a matter of priorities and memories at this point.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If the stone is something that is appropriate for their inventory, they may be willing to accept a return beyond the 1 year date and they may be willing to make a better offer than 70% of the purchase price. This is especially true if it''s one of their ACA stones. Have you asked them?

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with neil. i would try contacting WF, explain your situation and see if they might be will to buy it back. you''ll never get anywhere close to what you paid anywhere else..it''s the sad truth about diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results