shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking some advice on selling a piece of custom jewelry

gmknake

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
I’m seeking some advice on what I should do with this piece of custom jewelry. How would you go about selling it to yield the most money? It’s 14k gold with invisible set diamonds. Is it possible to separate the diamonds from the gold so I can scrap them individually? I know it’s possible to do this chemically but I’m not sure how to go about doing that or if it’s even worth paying for that process to be done. Can this be done manually? I would be willing to risk some of the diamonds getting damaged… What would you do? Any help would be appreciated, thank you image.jpg image.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
before we scrap it can we see a nice shot of what it is please ?

gmknake

Rough_Rock
before we scrap it can we see a nice shot of what it is please ?

Thank you for the reply. It’s 14k white gold teeth with invisible set princess cut vs diamonds. They’re custom molded so it would be virtually worthless to someone unless they repurposed it into another form of jewelry such as a ring or maybe earrings. That is why I’m looking to scrap it image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 5

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has to be a first on PS! Wow! Is this yours or please tell us how you came to own such a thing?

I had an invisible set diamond ring years ago. I was told that the diamonds had grooves on their edges to help them set together seamlessly. I doubt that taking them out of the setting would net you much, if anything, in diamond value.

You can sell it to a dealer for gold and diamond content but other than that, I can't think of any way to glean any great value from this.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry to say that scrap value for this will be very low. Basically gold scrap price and a tiny bit for the diamonds. Gems that size are not very valuable on the “used market. I would visit a few gold scrap places locally or in a nearby larger city and see what they offer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results