shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking advice on stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

otter

Rough_Rock
Greetings,

I''m soliciting comment regarding a stone I''m considering for a platinum solitaire setting.

I plugged it into the cut advisor, and it scored well (1.7, I recall).

https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

I also plugged the numbers into Dave Atlas''s cut advisor. It too scored well.

Shape: Round
Table % 56.0% Grade: 1A
Crown Angle 35.0° Grade: 1B
Crown Height % 15.2% Grade: 1A
Pavilion Depth % 43.0% Grade: 1A
Girdle Thickness Slightly thick Grade: 1A
Total Depth % 62.30% Grade: 1A
Polish Excellent / Very Good Grade: 1A * Not a primary determining factor.
Symmetry Excellent / Very Good Grade: 1A * Not a primary determining factor.

Final Grade: 1A

In a nutshell:

Round Brilliant
0.80 carat
5.91-5.94x3.69
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
VS2 (characteristics: crystal, cloud, feather)
Color Grade: H

Price: $3,528.00

I have a co-worker who recently proposed, and swears on his H&A purchasing decision being the way to go. I''d like to consider such options, however, budget-wise I don''t know much further I can stretch (for a comparable 0.8 H&A).

Thoughts?

Otter

otter

Rough_Rock
No luck with the PDF...

GIA13504650.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks pretty "ideal" to me... why H&A ? Are there any pictures of this diamond available ?

H&A brands preach optical symmetry that is well beyond visible differences (where "visible" mean whay you can see on that stone when mounted, not at 30X under the special H&A viewer). Many diamonds showing the arrow pattern face up do not make the draconian cut, but do qualify for ideal proportions and finish and tops brilliance. If smeone decided the harts on the bottom of the stone are worth a premium, well, ok... to each his own.
31.gif

Not trying to downplay H&A, but there are choices, I think
34.gif

Besides, a couple of G/H-VS2/SI1 pieces 0.8-0.95 cts sow up on a search... one for about $3500 at Good Old Gold comes listed as H&A (see the search "By HCA cut quality" above) and another at DCD has the look it seems (link). Any good ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results