shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking advice between 2 diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond4ever

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I''m new to diamonds and have tried to learn as much as I could these past days. I''m down to two pieces that I''m deciding on. However, would consider another if the specs mentioned aren''t considered as ''ideal''/ excellent cut diamonds.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The numbers I have here needs to be deciphered as I''m not sure what all the numbers stand and what they mean.

Thanks.

#1. .34 carat / measurements: 4.59 x 4.56 x 2.75
Ideal (cut), very good(sym) / E color / vvs-2
60.20% depth
35.50 degree (crown angle?) 15.20 (crown height %)
40.40 pavilion 42.40% (??)
56.90% (??)
cutlet: none girdle thin Price: $2300 cdn
#2. .47 carat / 5.04 x 5.01 x 3.07
ideal (cut) very good (sym) / F color / vvs-2
60.80 depth ??
34.30 crown ??
56.9 pavilion??
cutlet:none
girdle: medium Price: $3400 cdn

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
Just curious what is important to you (cut, color. clarity). I just purchased a SI1 clarity stone and you cannot see any inclusions face up or from the sides. When I first came here, I was dead set on d,e,f, color and vvs1-vs2 clarity, but someone here mentioned paying more for something you can''t see. That made me look at SI clarity, and I got to get a 1.5 ct ideal stone over a 1.25 ct stone by getting G color, SI1 clarity. Is the diamond for a ring? I went to whiteflash.com and looked at their expert selection (I searched round ideal cut, $2000-$4000 price range). There were stones around $3400 that were over .75 ct, ideal cut, G color, Si1 clarity.

diamond4ever

Rough_Rock
The most important factor to me would be the cut. Ideally, a diamond with brilliance and fire, over size, clarity, and then color.

I just want to make sure I''m making the right purchase for having the brightest cut diamond.
It''s for an engagement ring. the prices include the setting which I haven''t decided on yet.

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
Ok, I found a really good looking .75 ct ideal stone with a good ideal scope image.
Whiteflash expert selection:
Report: AGS
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: .75 ct
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.9
Table: 55.6
Crown Angle: 34.9
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Girdle: thin-medium faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Inert
Measurements: 5.89-5.91-3.59
Price: $2767
They are really good numbers, and the ideal scope looks good too. This stone should have alot of sparkle. They have a platinum 4-prong tiffany setting for $393. They would put that ring together for you at no cost and it would come to $3060 for a .75 sparkler. If I were you, I wouldn't rush into buying a stone. Keep asking questions here and look at some of the online venders (whiteflash, goodoldgold, james allen). You can get nicer and larger stone there compared to a mall store.

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
diamond4ever, I ran the .75 ct stone above through the cut advisor on this site (under tools) and it scored a 1.1, which is excellent. It scored excellent on light return, fire, and scintillation.
I''m trying to figure out the numbers you posted on the stones above, but from stone #1:
depth: 60.2, table: 56.9, Crown angle: 35.5, Pavilion angle: 40.4
This stone scored a .6, which is also excellent. #2 doesn''t have a table #, so I couldn''t run it.
If stone #1 numbers are correct, it would be a great stone, but for a little more $$, you can get a bigger stone that looks just as good. There would be a huge visual difference between an .34 ct stone and a stone around .70 to .80 carats. Take your time, do your research. Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results