shape
carat
color
clarity

Seattle Elementary teachers to wear BLM t-shirts in class

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Re: Seattle Elementary teachers to wear BLM t-shirts in clas

One officer used the taser and then the female officer shot him.

My link also included that the female officer thought he was reaching into his car for a weapon.

And just to add:

The other day I saw something similar, a car stopped on the side of the road with a man standing next to it. But I was hesitant to call the police, afraid that they might make a situation worse. I actually drove by hoping it would resolve itself.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Tulsa police woman charged with first degree manslaughter.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AnnaH|1474585728|4079714 said:
Tulsa police woman charged with first degree manslaughter.
Don't look good for her based on the video.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Yes, this is why there is a movement called Black Lives Matter.

Yes I saw them on my TV last night in North Carolina.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Elliot. I just want to say a huge DITTO to all your posts in this thread.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Only peaceful protests in Tulsa, thankfully. Unlike Charlotte, where another police shooting took place. A black police officer shot a black man. There's a dispute, police saying he had a gun and the family saying it was a book. It got really bad the last two nights, injured police and a citizen on citizen killing, looting, destruction. National guard tonight, so going much better. I'm sure everyone has seen all this.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

March all you want, but do not terrorize people in their cars or block highways so ambulances might not be able to get through?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AnnaH|1474600557|4079787 said:
Only peaceful protests in Tulsa, thankfully. Unlike Charlotte, where another police shooting took place. A black police officer shot a black man. There's a dispute, police saying he had a gun and the family saying it was a book. It got really bad the last two nights, injured police and a citizen on citizen killing, looting, destruction. National guard tonight, so going much better. I'm sure everyone has seen all this.
Becoming a norm now. .. :wall:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My, what a privilege to dictate to grieving scared and angry people how to protest to your standards.

Thank you Gypsy.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

My, what a privilege to dictate to grieving scared and angry people how to protest to your standards.

So these supposed scared people feel it appropriate to scare others? And explain how looting and destroying other people's property factor in. Give me a break.

Absolutely no excuse for this, but you keep trying?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1474603424|4079805 said:

So these supposed scared people feel it appropriate to scare others? Give me a break. And explain how looting and destroying other people's property factor in. Give me a break.

Absolutely no excuse for this, but you keep trying?

Ruby, I've been as polite as I can but now I will just be blunt. I put absolutely no stock in anything you have to say. I find your replies neither informed or intelligent. I'm sure you feel the same about my views. I don't care. There is quite literally no point in my continuing to engage with you in particular, so... bye. I'm still happy to discuss with others looking to have a meaningful conversation. I don't mind differing opinions. I do mind brick walls.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

uby, I've been as polite as I can but now I will just be blunt. I put absolutely no stock in anything you have to say. I find your replies neither informed or intelligent. I'm sure you feel the same about my views. I don't care. There is quite literally no point in my continuing to engage with you in particular, so... bye. I'm still happy to discuss with others looking to have a meaningful conversation. I don't mind differing opinions. I do mind brick walls.

Polite people would simply not respond to me. Not post your diatribe.

Elliott, I will continue to post my views here, but do know I am not wasting my breath talking to you, because you are clueless.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A friend of mine made a very astute observation today.

"Rioting isn't how you accomplish anything" say citizens of a country that literally became a free country because of a riot :read:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Protesters tried to pick up and throw a TV reporter into a lit fire.

Disgusting.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Don't know about other members here, but I don't want to see rioting and looting in my town.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Here's the thing.

You complain when an NFL player peacefully protests by sitting during the national anthem.

You complain when teachers and activists wear T-shirts to start a peaceful and thoughtful dialog.

You say "all lives matter" in response to "Black Lives Matter."

At each turn you take away the voices of people who are TRYING very hard to peacefully effect change.

You don't want to hear them. You don't want to see them.

You don't want change. Heck, you don't even want to admit there is a prevalent and systemic problem.

But people keep dying, gunned down.

All that anger all that bloodshed has to go somewhere.

And then when it erupts in rioting, because you have silenced it again and again when it tried to peacefully protest, you say it is disgusting and use that as an excuse to close your eyes and ears yet again.

That is precisely how the French Revolution happened folks. That is precisely how ALL revolutions happen. The populace are angry and they are RIGHT to be angry. Those in power, those who have everything to gain from the present system are blind deaf and dumb. And they take away the voice of peace by denying it again and again. They refuse to act to fix the system by listening pleading, the protests, the movements for peaceful change. And they leave only violence as an option.

That is how our own country was born.

Learn the lessons of the past. Let Teachers wear T-shirts. Praise Sports stars and peaceful protests. LISTEN and MAKE THE POLICE CHANGE WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

If you don't want to see rioting be part of the SOLUTION not the problem.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nothing wrong with peaceful protesting, but no excuses for rioting and looting... :nono:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1474614821|4079831 said:
Here's the thing.

You complain when an NFL player peacefully protests by sitting during the national anthem.

You complain when teachers and activists wear T-shirts to start a peaceful and thoughtful dialog.

You say "all lives matter" in response to "Black Lives Matter."

At each turn you take away the voices of people who are TRYING very hard to peacefully effect change.

You don't want to hear them. You don't want to see them.

You don't want change. Heck, you don't even want to admit there is a prevalent and systemic problem.

But people keep dying, gunned down.

All that anger all that bloodshed has to go somewhere.

And then when it erupts in rioting, because you have silenced it again and again when it tried to peacefully protest, you say it is disgusting and use that as an excuse to close your eyes and ears yet again.

That is precisely how the French Revolution happened folks. That is precisely how ALL revolutions happen. The populace are angry and they are RIGHT to be angry. Those in power, those who have everything to gain from the present system are blind deaf and dumb. And they take away the voice of peace by denying it again and again. They refuse to act to fix the system by listening pleading, the protests, the movements for peaceful change. And they leave only violence as an option.

That is how our own country was born.

Learn the lessons of the past. Let Teachers wear T-shirts. Praise Sports stars and peaceful protests. LISTEN and MAKE THE POLICE CHANGE WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

If you don't want to see rioting be part of the SOLUTION not the problem.

My hat's off to you Gypsy. Best post in a very long time.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love smart people. Incredible post.

E B

Ideal_Rock

ksinger|1474629924|4079853 said:
My hat's off to you Gypsy. Best post in a very long time.

A hearty "ditto" to both ksinger and elliot. Fantastic post, Gypsy.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

ruby59|1474604091|4079808 said:
uby, I've been as polite as I can but now I will just be blunt. I put absolutely no stock in anything you have to say. I find your replies neither informed or intelligent. I'm sure you feel the same about my views. I don't care. There is quite literally no point in my continuing to engage with you in particular, so... bye. I'm still happy to discuss with others looking to have a meaningful conversation. I don't mind differing opinions. I do mind brick walls.

Polite people would simply not respond to me. Not post your diatribe.

Elliott, I will continue to post my views here, but do know I am not wasting my breath talking to you, because you are clueless.

You are not polite. You have posted disgusting view after disgusting view. Somehow you get to spew your hate but god forbid someone calls you out on it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy,
I kept nodding my head after reading each sentence because it rang true in my heart and head.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Another vote for Gypsy's post. :wavey: It's exactly right.

I'm wondering how exactly does it hurt the other posters to admit that the BLM movement has a point?

I'm also wondering how they're going to feel in 2032, when whites will be a minority in the US working class population.

In 2044, whites will be a minority in the US general population. Both statistics from the US Census Bureau.

The times, they are a-changing.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

Yes Gypsy, best post and explanation of the topics in this thread.

If I may insert myself here, am I correct in that North Carolina is an open carry state?. So, even if he had a gun, it is entirely legal in that state. Why also do we have cameras if the gov't is the only one allowed to see the videos. Something wrong there.

Annette

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Family members of those shot by police always ask, often plea, for peaceful protest. I've only seen one very brief exception to that. They don't want anyone else to suffer. They don't want the criminal behavior to disrupt the purpose of righteous protest.
Not all the looting is done by black people. Is it okay for white people to steal under cover of a march?
Disagreement doesn't make it okay to go so personal. Only people who agree with you can be thoughtful and intelligent?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

+1 Gypsy, +1.

Peaceful protests are ignored, nothing gained. There is one of the biggest prison protests going on right now in the US that I haven't heard a single thing about. Because it's peaceful. (unrelated to this thread and topic)

iLander

Ideal_Rock

smitcompton|1474640439|4079908 said:
Hi,

Yes Gypsy, best post and explanation of the topics in this thread.

If I may insert myself here, am I correct in that North Carolina is an open carry state?. So, even if he had a gun, it is entirely legal in that state. Why also do we have cameras if the gov't is the only one allowed to see the videos. Something wrong there.

Annette

Open carry is a privilege only white people actually have.
In this climate can you imagine a black guy wandering into a McDonalds carrying a semi-automatic rifle? I've seen pictures of white guys doing exactly this, and some people are a little nervous, but I think the reaction would be a lot stronger if it was a black guy. Or a group of black people, like I've seen groups of white guys with guns. The fact that black people with guns makes a different reaction than white people with guns tells you all you need to know.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Meanwhile, I believe white guys are actually more dangerous to you than black guys.

Number of schools shot up by black people; 0

Number of US presidents killed by black people; 0

Number of movie theaters shot up by black people; 0

Number of government buildings blown up by black people; 0

Number of abortion clinics bombed or shot at by black people; 0

So yeah, walk on the other side of the street when you see a white guy coming, he might be another one of those crazies.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander|1474640959|4079913 said:
Open carry is a privilege only white people actually have.

I have never heard this before. It is obvious, but I never heard it verbalized. Thank you so much, iLander.

Deb :wavey:

E B

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results