color
clarity

Seasonal affective disorder?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vc10um|1387730599|3579113 said:
TooPatient|1387695556|3578995 said:
Better lighting helps! We are (almost) exclusively LED at home so we can have things lit brighter and we chose the more "daylight" temperatures. Makes a big difference!

We can't have plants inside due to cats :nono: but my grandparents do and it is so nice to have them around! The African violets are one of my favorites -- hard to kill and lots of great colors!

I also try to have some sort of yummy food/drink thing in the house. I love soups/stews so cooking them makes me happy! Other "seasonal" stuff is great too -- apple cider, apple crisp. pumpkin pie, hot chocolate, etc.

TP this reminded me of something, too! One of my friends consistently has stove top potpourri going in her house during the winter when she's home. Usually some sort of citrus and herb combination, like lemon and sage or orange and thyme or grapefruit and rosemary which makes the house smell really fresh and light...she just lets it simmer away on the stove in a big pot of water and it seems to perk her up. The same could probably be said for citrus-scented candles...

Fun idea!
My grandmother did something like this sometimes too!

A good candle would probably work better because it wouldn't be dumping more moisture into the air. While I do love my soups/stews/ciders, the moisture that pours into the air leaves an awful smothering feeling. We have to run a dehumidifier to keep it from overwhelming.

Oh -- if you find the air in your house feels very closed in, it could be moisture building up in the air!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vitamin D baby! I take the supplements but I have not used a lamp as it's not too bad for me.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow--all very good ideas. Does anyone has a specific suggestion for a light box? I've done some research, but its been a while. I'll head back to Amazon to see if I can find anything interesting.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just added another fixture to the track lights in the living room and swapped out 5 of our older LED bulbs for newer ones!

The house feels so much better! The newer "daylight" LEDs are much more real feeling. Not too brown/orange or blue :appl:

Our local electric company has an agreement with Cree so the bulbs were discounted down to $6 each :appl: :appl:

ETA: I think the agreement is part of the swap away from incandescent use. There might be such things in other areas too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results