shape
carat
color
clarity

Scuba Diving Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darb0077

Rough_Rock

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on an underwater proposal? She knows it will be coming at some point over the next few weeks or months and I wanted to surprise her – she is very sneaky and any dinner we go on from now till then will make her think it’s the big day so I was trying to be creative.

9.gif

I wouldn’t want to ruin the brilliance of the diamond ring but I think it would be pretty cool to propose on an underwater drawing board to my GF of 5 years. Thoughts?

She has to get her open water certification and so I would tag along with her and pop the question 30 feet below the surface. Positives? Negatives?

I love everyone’s opinion but can anyone talk from experience as well?

Thanks for your help,
D

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
If you think its a cool idea and it is something that interests the both of you, then by all means Im sure she would just love it. You did say she would have to be certified first though. So is this something she is really interested in?

As for myself, Id rather have that happen on dry land where he can put the ring on my finger and I could jump into his arms and kiss him. But that's just me.

Good luck with the proposal!
35.gif

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
dumb question, but are you going to have to hold the ring up and then use sign language or something? won't it be hard to communicate?

darb0077

Rough_Rock
Yeah I agree - I have been thinking about it a lot - cause I think it would be different but not necessarily better...plus the water would be cold (Lake Ontario) and I really would like to see her reaction and then, like you said, have her jump into my arms with a big hug and kiss....hummm..kind of hard to do that underwater....I have to think of something interesting and different....my challenge is she knows it’s coming so I was trying to propose when she least expects it.....hummm.....

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I would be worried about dropping the ring! Maybe you could plan something with the diving class and propose right after she finishes? It could be above water... I would be DYING to get that ring on my finger if I were her!!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
My dad proposed to my mom under the water while diving... he just wrote it in the sand and I think its the cutest thing..and my mom loved it :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results