shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay for Marquise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilfawn

Rough_Rock
HI...I am looking for a setting for my 1/2 carat marquise diamond. When I went to the jewelrer today, the saleswoman told me that the head on a Scott Kay ring could be replaced and a marquise could be used. It didn''t seem right to me, since it looks as if the prongs are cast as part of the ring.

Can I have my marquise stone set in a Scott Kay setting? I''m confused.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not sure. You probably would get more help if you ask the admin to move your post to Rocky talk. Welcome to PS.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t think Scott Kay would make settings where the head is of the replaceable kind. It would be very helpful to have a picture to determine this. I agree that if the head were part of the shank (integrated into the design), then it is not possible to change the head setting.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not entirely sure but I think SK heads can be made to fit any shape of stone. Your jeweler can surely call SK and find out for you...these are most likely being mass-produced now (not a negative at all, don''t mean to imply that mass-production is a bad thing).

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Scott Kay crowns are generally not peg type & cannot be removed & a new one simply put in. I have a Scott Kay ring & if I wanted to change it in any way, they would charge about $5-600 for a new crown in platinum, which to me, is absolutely insane. On the other hand, if you wanted to get it done by an independant jeweler, & not Scott Kay, it will for sure be less expensive. I was told to make sure the benchman working on the ring has a laser welder (seamless look when done). I know Quest said they did & not sure what other vendors here have access to one or use a benchman that has one.

Judy
:)

lilfawn

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

I didn;t think that it could be easily done as the sale person implied. Some of the designs would just not look right with a marquise anyway. So, I went back and tried to steer away from those, I found a setting I loved, but it was in white gold. I am allergic to nickel and not sure I can wear it. They are going to check to see if thet can have it cast in 18k gold for me...but thar''s probably another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results