shape
carat
color
clarity

Scored 2 amazing high dome rose cuts…now how to set them

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
UT OH, so I did a thing….I jumped on 2 high-dome rose cut diamonds Alex Park was selling last week. A totally impulsive purchase but I am SO EXCITED to receive them! I am thinking the near colorless will become a pendant and the fancy brown will become a RHR. I prefer closed backs on rose cuts to add to reflective quality of the cut. I tend to lean simple and modern in jewelry, loving Erika Winters and CVB Inspired.
.9 M VS
1.21 fancy brown

43CFED04-5FBD-4765-8750-9B819E66B414.jpeg

Here are some inspo photos I found over the weekend, I LOVE the idea of a collet setting in combination with a halo. I would love any feedback or suggestions!

3007D0F3-D596-42FF-AF7E-13CFA5A675A5.jpeg

E964D880-5028-460B-B381-4D7EE6054876.jpeg 1470B161-00C0-4AF6-A4D1-EF876252CFFA.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new stones! I agree with the closed-back idea. Is Alex going to do the settings? Or, DK?

I really like that CVB setting you posted. Its funny you said that you tend towards simple and modern. I don't think
of Erica Winters or CVB falling into either of those categories. I guess we each come with our own prospectives!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

kitkat527

Rough_Rock
I'm so excited for you - I love me a high domed rosie!

CVB always has the prettiest settings and I think a collet halo setting would be super pretty. I ended up setting my rose cut as a solitaire but I'll post my favorite halo settings I was considering in case they spark any inspiration. I loved the milgrain around the center stone in the one and the graduated halo in the other

image.jpg
images (7).jpeg

fel

Shiny_Rock
I did my fat pear-shaped rosecut with a silver colored (white gold) backing and am happy with how it came out. (sorry for the busy picture -- I can't find at present my picture of just the relevant ring).
rose-cut& sapphire.jpg

springsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stones! I love those types of settings too (the emerald halo ring is mine ha)! This CvB ring came to mind. I love the look of rose cut diamonds juxtaposed with white full cut diamonds. CvB would be awesome for a ring like this! 6948BB2A-CB4C-400D-86E9-E183D762C419.png

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your new stones! I agree with the closed-back idea. Is Alex going to do the settings? Or, DK?

I really like that CVB setting you posted. Its funny you said that you tend towards simple and modern. I don't think
of Erica Winters or CVB falling into either of those categories. I guess we each come with our own prospectives!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Thank you for your reply! You are totally right, Erika Winters and CVB seem to have more of a modern take referencing antique designs. I am hoping when I receive the diamonds and look at them, the right setting will evolve from there. I am in Southern California which makes it so easy to work with Amy at David Klass. I am constantly impressed with the level of service, the quality of workmanship and the attention to detail.

Last edited:

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited for you - I love me a high domed rosie!

CVB always has the prettiest settings and I think a collet halo setting would be super pretty. I ended up setting my rose cut as a solitaire but I'll post my favorite halo settings I was considering in case they spark any inspiration. I loved the milgrain around the center stone in the one and the graduated halo in the other

image.jpg
images (7).jpeg

I love both of these, thank you for sharing!
The combination of the round brilliant halo with the rose cut center is very pretty.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I did my fat pear-shaped rosecut with a silver colored (white gold) backing and am happy with how it came out. (sorry for the busy picture -- I can't find at present my picture of just the relevant ring).
rose-cut& sapphire.jpg

I feel a little late to the party, so many beautiful rose cut diamonds out there! Thank you for sharing.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stones! I love those types of settings too (the emerald halo ring is mine ha)! This CvB ring came to mind. I love the look of rose cut diamonds juxtaposed with white full cut diamonds. CvB would be awesome for a ring like this! 6948BB2A-CB4C-400D-86E9-E183D762C419.png

Thank you for sending, this ring is gorgeous! I am leaning towards a unique halo.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
The stones arrived! I have been enchanted by rose cuts for awhile so feel very fortunate to now have 2!
After seeing them, I still plan to have a pendant made out of the M .90 and a RHR with the 1.21 fancy brown. Both stones react to light very differently so looking for some guidance on how to best set them to capture their beauty.

I was leaning towards a refined bezel set halo for the pendant Sorry I don’t know the technical terms to describe this, but this stone isn’t as flat on one side and has rounded, faceted edges on the top and bottom. Any suggestions on how to set this stone without obscuring light return from the faceted edges?
The fancy brown stone has chunkier facets with a high dome.

85324E7A-64AF-4D8B-96B6-0B1B137BB131.jpeg

F97C0127-D26F-4360-9D26-022B9B9DAE32.jpeg

Last edited:

fel

Shiny_Rock
Is the M a double-sided rosecut? If so you are very lucky -- they are hard to find!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Is the M a double-sided rosecut? If so you are very lucky -- they are hard to find!

I will research a double sided rosecut, maybe that’s what it is. Thank you!

Reactions: fel
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results